Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shelter to protect Cali

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I want to find a temporary structure under or in which to shelter my van in order to protect it from leaves, the weather and worst of all pigeons.
It needs to have an entrance either end.
My problem is that it will go on the drive which is tarmac so pegging it down is not possible.
I did wonder about fixing the legs down using iron weights or sand bags but not sure how effective this will be.
Does anyone have a similar set-up or any suggestions please?

I want to find a temporary structure under or in which to shelter my van in order to protect it from leaves, the weather and worst of all pigeons.
It needs to have an entrance either end.
My problem is that it will go on the drive which is tarmac so pegging it down is not possible.
I did wonder about fixing the legs down using iron weights or sand bags but not sure how effective this will be.
Does anyone have a similar set-up or any suggestions please?
Something like this I presume.

But unless it is in a sheltered position I would use something more robust, hence more expensive and it would need substantial ground fittings to cope with the British weather. All possible but at a cost.

Something like this I presume.

But unless it is in a sheltered position I would use something more robust, hence more expensive and it would need substantial ground fittings to cope with the British weather. All possible but at a cost.
Spirafix are very good, we had a 4 metre mast at 1000m in the mountains in poor ground and it took recorded 136mph gust on 3 of the 40mm x 390mm anchors.
just need to watch out what services are under the tarmac.

Back