Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van Guide / User Manual

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I did search on this but couldn't find anything and wasn't sure which category to put it in so here goes....

My eldest and his partner have borrowed the van for a couple of weeks. A month or so ago they came home for the weekend to get a quick intro into all the various bits and pieces but obviously time was short and the upshot was that my son's partner asked if I could write things down, so that they would have a reference before they left and once they were on the road - she likes to be organised.

Anyway a few edits later I'd written 7 pages worth! After we'd sent them a copy we thought it might be useful to other people on the forum that let their family or others borrow the van. It's a distillation of lots of advice from the forum as well as the way we've come to do things. So thanks to everyone else for posting recommendations etc.

If you are looking for something like this you can edit the file to match your van - ours is a 2 seat Beech and we use a dual voltage coolbox (as you'll see) but there's lots of other things that are the same for all types of van.

If anyone has a version for an SE/Ocean, then maybe they can post it alongside this one.

I did try to simply attach the MS Word document but apparently that's not possible, so I've put it on our Google drive and made it publicly accessible. Here's the link -> http://bit.ly/2wGsWS6

Hope this is use to others on the forum.

I did search on this but couldn't find anything and wasn't sure which category to put it in so here goes....

My eldest and his partner have borrowed the van for a couple of weeks. A month or so ago they came home for the weekend to get a quick intro into all the various bits and pieces but obviously time was short and the upshot was that my son's partner asked if I could write things down, so that they would have a reference before they left and once they were on the road - she likes to be organised.

Anyway a few edits later I'd written 7 pages worth! After we'd sent them a copy we thought it might be useful to other people on the forum that let their family or others borrow the van. It's a distillation of lots of advice from the forum as well as the way we've come to do things. So thanks to everyone else for posting recommendations etc.

If you are looking for something like this you can edit the file to match your van - ours is a 2 seat Beech and we use a dual voltage coolbox (as you'll see) but there's lots of other things that are the same for all types of van.

If anyone has a version for an SE/Ocean, then maybe they can post it alongside this one.

I did try to simply attach the MS Word document but apparently that's not possible, so I've put it on our Google drive and made it publicly accessible. Here's the link -> http://bit.ly/2wGsWS6

Love it! How true about the back blind :)

Great work, Would be good if you upload it to the download section so it is easier to find?

Great work, Would be good if you upload it to the download section so it is easier to find?
Would if I could.... Appears we members can only post pictures. If one of the mods wants to post it I can email a copy. Also ought to have an SE/Ocean version available and maybe other versions for folks that don't do things the way we do.

Thanks Kev, let's hope someone edits it to create an SE/Ocean version. Another thing that someone might add to the driving section is a bit on the vagaries of DSG, we have a manual.

This is all incredibly helpful - I am particularly interested in the small steps - can you describe them and let me know where you got them please.