Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

And now my wait begins!

Congratulations, great colour choice, and the wood floor is a wise option. Suggest larger fuel tank as others have mentioned.
IainB why is the wood floor a wise option? Curious to know as I've ordered it cos I liked it, even better if it was a wise decision!

IainB why is the wood floor a wise option? Curious to know as I've ordered it cos I liked it, even better if it was a wise decision!
We rented a van with the wooden floor and it was so easy to keep clean and appeared very hard wearing. Spoke to the rental company about flooring selection before ordering, they have both standard and wooden in their fleet, and from a maintenance and cleaning perspective they recommended the wooden floor over the standard.

I think I‘d better start making a list!
Keep it simple, get your Cali, take some essentials then work out what other stuff you would like or need. The biggest issue inside a Cali is having so much stuff you need to keep moving it around. I hated having to roll the rug up in the living area and stow it in the cab but equally enjoyed it during the day when it was down.

Keep it simple, get your Cali, take some essentials then work out what other stuff you would like or need. The biggest issue inside a Cali is having so much stuff you need to keep moving it around. I hated having to roll the rug up in the living area and stow it in the cab but equally enjoyed it during the day when it was down.
I’ve got 2 lists. The first one is things I definitely need to get started and the second is things I’ll wait and see if I need once I start using it or more of a wish list.

Not really planning on buying anything just yet.

Stating the obvious, I’ve gone totally mad :)
It’s a long list but it’s been a very long wait and I wanted to be ready to rock and roll as soon as the van arrived.

Here we go :-

25m Hook up cable
U.K. 13amp to 16amp adapter
Polarity checker
Reverse polarity cable
Portapotti (Thetford 335)
Calipcap slide out drawer (full width x 710 deep)
Eurocrates for the above
Dunelm Ottoman (cover for portapotti)
Toilet chemicals
Additional 3 drawer set for kitchen cupboard.
Airsafe
Sparesafe
Levelling ramps
Vodafone Curve Tracker
Ladder
Caliboard shelf
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Smoke Alarm (might not fit it?)
Fire extinguisher
Camping Gaz bottle (907)
2 x PIR wardrobe lights
A few IKEA bits and pieces
Personalised pitch in use sign (Big Ted Prinz)
Thule Awning tie downs
Bellows Bungee
Wind deflectors
Collapsible bucket

and once we’ve got the van:

WINE
Sandemans 20 year old Tawny port
Solar installation (Roger Donahue)
Blackvue Front/rear dashcam
Atera Genio Pro bike rack
Seat covers?
Stove for outside + another gaz bottle
Pots and pans
Cutlery, crockery, glasses
Bedding
Rug
Hose
Water carrier?
External pop top cover?
External windscreen cover?
I’m just wondering now you’ve got your van and been able to use it, is there anything on this list that you haven’t used or anything you’d prioritise.

not sure people realise that the diesel night heater doesn't really need the extra large fuel tank to run for a few days solid as it burns so little fuel you don't even notice it on the guage after running all weekend. an extra 10L of fuel would run that heater for a fortnight solid. burns about 0.1L per hour

not sure people realise that the diesel night heater doesn't really need the extra large fuel tank to run for a few days solid as it burns so little fuel you don't even notice it on the guage after running all weekend. an extra 10L of fuel would run that heater for a fortnight solid. burns about 0.1L per hour
I understand it will only operate if you have >25% of a tank full though? So along with the extra range £80 seems like a small price to pay to avoid being caught short.

I understand it will only operate if you have >25% of a tank full though? So along with the extra range £80 seems like a small price to pay to avoid being caught short.
true. mine seems to run fine though even when the orange light is on. it is a good extra for those longer runs though

During the fuel shortage the van had 20miles left according to the MFD + the heater still worked fine; We had a family party so the van was set up in the evening as a mini cinema for the kids - was torrential rain hence garden was a no go, so worked out quite well!

But larger tank still worth having for the extended range.

Hi everyone, So today I ordered my first California and want to share my excitement!

I’ve gone for an Ocean in Fortana Red with the sport styling pack.

Also got 4 keys, wood effect floor and outdoor shower.

Not sure my timing is great with the new restrictions coming in but I decided that I can’t keep letting Covid get in the way.
Good luck, with the wait. I am in the same boat.I also started buying bits and pieces getting ready for when it arrives.

Good luck, with the wait. I am in the same boat.I also started buying bits and pieces getting ready for when it arrives.
Thankfully my wait is over. Got my van at the end of October, after waiting almost a year. Just starting to work out what I actually need after the basics.

I've run mine when it's been in the lower half of the last quadrant. Certainly agree on the bigger tank though, especially after the last fuel fiasco.

Nice one, enjoy it. Mine was supposed to be delivered in October also but due to the chip delay it will be new year now.

Good question! Just wondering what I'd do with extra ones. After 7 or so years, you have one bashed up key and once pristine one in a drawer, right? (Congrats on your purchase.)
Dealer explained to me the cost of 4 keys as an extra is so little compared to buying one replacement later that its worth it. Why 4? I don't know.

Dealer explained to me the cost of 4 keys as an extra is so little compared to buying one replacement later that its worth it. Why 4? I don't know.
That was one of the easier boxes to check. As was the 80L tank. Nice to be able to have that extra range to pick and choose refueling locations. The price of fuel varies so much in Europe.

Wish I’d gone for the 4 keys TBH. Holidays in Cali’s often involve lots of potential ‘key losing’ activities. Going to get a couple of ‘surf keys’ cut.

By surf keys do you mean basic keys that could get wet? I thought you couldn't do this anymore due to the electronics inside the key?

By surf keys do you mean basic keys that could get wet? I thought you couldn't do this anymore due to the electronics inside the key?
The basic surf key will open the van. The alarm will sound and you cannot start the engine. The proper key+ fob is hidden in the van.

Back