Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Angel Eye's

ArcticMatt

ArcticMatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
I need some help chaps,

I fancy getting some of the Angel eye headlight units and maybe even go badgeless. Does anyone know a good place to get them from in Germany or a UK seller that delivers to Norway. A lot of T4 online shops don't seem to provide the deduction of VAT to send outside of the EU to Norway.

The photo is just an example off Google

Happy Christmas all
Matt

735x

Keep it original. Future classic (hopefully!)

Like them !

You're an offshore tiger, you can afford it. (I was ,post Piper A, Brent/Stat Fjord)-Who cares about a bit of VAT.

S.

Have you seen the price of oil recently. Lots of twitchy bottoms offshore at the mo. Its not fun paying double VAT when you don't have to. I could have afforded a T5 but where's the fun in that :happy. I'm still a Yorkshireman. Dont waste owt' me :)

I don't want to take it too far away from original. One light is cracked already so needs replacing. I don't like the DRL's that everyone seems to be fitting too.

I've been getting bits and bobs sent to Aberdeen to take back over on the flight but I'd struggle to get a pair of headlights back especially in one piece.

Matt

Headlights come in LHD and RHD versions, make sure you get the correct ones for your van!

Headlights come in LHD and RHD versions, make sure you get the correct ones for your van!
Aye, I've seen that. Quite a few posts out there for folk searching for RHD but i'll need LHD. Found some on tidytransporters but I emailed them last time and they wouldn't deliver to Norway.

I've a feeling one of the T5-ers is about to depart for Norway. Try posting, they may be able to drop them off?

You can just replace the lense, they clip onto the headlamp unit. Got a set of LHD ones here.

I did it. I'm keeping the old ones just in case but I love the look. It can go back to classic if it ever reaches that age.

Untitled by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

Untitled by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

Hi Matt,
Those black wheel arches - are they just painted on or some sort of aftermarket addition you can buy?
Liking the lights btw - although i'm torn on the 'keeping it original' look and giving it that bit of pazaz... Undecided if i will go down that route yet :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Matt (yes, another one...)

My two pennies worth.... If it's survived this long without any / mods, then keep it original or at least reversible. I went to a vw show at the weekend and it was all the original stuff attracting the attention. Even gold coloured jettas with beige trim and fake wood (original) dash looked fabulous.

I'm not too fussed on going mod crazy. I think the Audi-esque light folk put on are horrendous. I've always liked round lights on any car so the angel eyes are perfect for me and I can easily go back the way. The bra just covers up bonnet that looks more like the moon. Next job will be to sort out the paint. The arches are what looks like stone chip. A bit crude from the last owner but her was quite old. I'd like to find some decent multivan alloys rather than the alloys I have now.

I was thinking about the arch covers for my syncro but I need the front arches replaced first.

I'm not too fussed on going mod crazy. I think the Audi-esque light folk put on are horrendous. I've always liked round lights on any car so the angel eyes are perfect for me and I can easily go back the way. The bra just covers up bonnet that looks more like the moon. Next job will be to sort out the paint. The arches are what looks like stone chip. A bit crude from the last owner but her was quite old. I'd like to find some decent multivan alloys rather than the alloys I have now.

Check these out:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-bbs-t4/k0
Be careful though of the VW Sharan version of the BBS wheels, they look a little similar, but are not rated strong enough for the T4 and worse, can catch on the calipers (people do though advertise them as being also for the T4 - for example: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bbs-felgen-vw-sharan-t3-etc/472112579-223-5737 - they have a similar look, but the arms are more ridged than the T4 version which are more rounded). I know you're not in Germany, but when I was looking I did find some that were willing to ship international (for a price though...).
Very happy with how they look though :D:

20160410_152429.jpg

Check these out:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-bbs-t4/k0
Be careful though of the VW Sharan version of the BBS wheels, they look a little similar, but are not rated strong enough for the T4 and worse, can catch on the calipers (people do though advertise them as being also for the T4 - for example: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bbs-felgen-vw-sharan-t3-etc/472112579-223-5737 - they have a similar look, but the arms are more ridged than the T4 version which are more rounded). I know you're not in Germany, but when I was looking I did find some that were willing to ship international (for a price though...).
Very happy with how they look though :D:

View attachment 15735
I've got the part code for the CORRECT version of these, as you've pointed out, they are very similar to others. A German guy gave me the number at Busfest, as it is recorded on their MOT, to ensure they have the correct load rating etc. I'll add it here when I'm home.

I've got the part code for the CORRECT version of these, as you've pointed out, they are very similar to others. A German guy gave me the number at Busfest, as it is recorded on their MOT, to ensure they have the correct load rating etc. I'll add it here when I'm home.

Should be this "7D0 601 025 B" ;) (for the BBS wheels that are on my van...)

You'll find them for sure on that German ebay site above (have seen plenty) - but these are not 'original' wheels from your model year, they were only used until 1995...
Interesting info here (it in German but Google Translate it): http://www.t4-wiki.de/wiki/Rad
;)
Brilliant! There's a few sets on there now but I'll have to work out the expense of getting them back to Norway!