Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Annoying squeak

K

KBR

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,

I have quite a loud squeak coming from the drivers side rear whenever I go over a bump. I had the rear anti roll bar removed as a test and I thought it went away, so I got new bushes put on the anti roll bar and had it put back in. The squeak though is as bad as ever. My mechanic cannot visibly see an issue so we’re kind of guessing what to try next.

Anyone got any pearls of wisdom?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have quite a loud squeak coming from the drivers side rear whenever I go over a bump. I had the rear anti roll bar removed as a test and I thought it went away, so I got new bushes put on the anti roll bar and had it put back in. The squeak though is as bad as ever. My mechanic cannot visibly see an issue so we’re kind of guessing what to try next.

Anyone got any pearls of wisdom?

Thanks.
1. Open awning 12" and re-close.
2. Move rear seat forward.
3. Drive with side door open.

If doing any of the above, does squeak go?

If the above don't work you need to sit in the back while someone drives. Very difficult to localise such noises when you're driving.

when does the squeak appear ? Presumably driving ?
is it worse over bumps etc ?

Suspension top mounts can break up and make a creak / squeak.
try rocking the van side to side & front to back. whilst stationary, to see if you can replicate the noise.
if it’s top mounts you will probably hear them when rocking the van.

Yeah it’s when I go over bumps. I’ll try the above and see what happens. Thanks.

Back