Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Annoying Squeak - Cured

Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our 2016 Ocean developed an annoying squeak which sounded to be from behind the rear seats. After much searching we found that occasionally a similar squeaky noise happened when touching the water tank.
By now just about anything that could be removed had been removed, including gas bottle.
Concerned we contacted Volkswagen Van Centre (West Yorkshire), explained the problem and that it was getting worse, and asked if it would be covered under the warranty, and were told yes.
They did some investigation and concluded it would require the kitchen/wardrobe unit taking out to find the problem.

Picked up Cali yesterday afternoon. I was shown photos of the work at different stages and also the culprit of nearly nine hours labour.

The cause - a 'Jubilee clip' around one of the pipes to the fresh water drain valve touching an internal part of the kitchen unit, causing the noise.

The solution - reposition the clip so the screw part could not touch anything.

The result - two happy Cali owners:):)

When a vehicle is built as well as the Cali as most VW group vehicles any little rattle or squeak is a major issue.... I have a tiny rattle sound coming from the instrument panel which has been there from day one and for the life of me I can't locate the cause. I expect it to be inside the dashboard somewhere. Just some little part rubning on another. Having to live with it as too much trouble to fix. Usually listen to 6music loudly to mask the squeak!! Cheap fix!!

Back