Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another Awning Question - Sorry!

M

m4rky

Need a bit of advice please :crazy

If we go for the standard VW awning will any other type of awning fit the Cali?

Or do you have to have a different type of rail for different awnings?

Thanks Mark ;)

If you mean drive away awnings with a sun awning then the attachments are universal in 98% of the tents on the market. You will a need a kador strip and a figure of eight.

I personal am not a fan of drive away awnings as the hassle got to me and I sold my kyham and brought a utility tent / fake drive away awning made my Quechua. So much simpler and hassle free!

we're picking up our new van next week - so haven't got it to hand to examine - doesn't the VW fitted awning use the channel that the strip slots into? Does the VW awning have a channel on the front of it? I'm confused!

Yes mate the fitted vw wind out awning has a flap just under the flap is a channel like you find on a caravan to attach a drive away awning little bit confusing I know but when you look all will become clear :thumb

Here is a picture of a strip fitted (I needed to trial fit and trim my kador strip to length ready to use the awning next week anyway....). Once the strip is the correct length the awning can be fully closed when fitted.

awning.jpg

Simon

Very helpfull picture Simon thanks for putting it on :thumb :thumb