Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tent adapters

Brindisi

Brindisi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Finalising our spec for a new Cali and need some help regarding driveway awnings. We've not decided yet which to go for and want to keep our options open. In the VW brochure there's an item listed as 'awning rail (silver) with tent adapter'. Our spec includes a black roll-out awning. As yet the dealer hasn't been able to tell me exactly what the adapter is and what it does. From an aesthetics point of view we want to keep the awning and rail black. Can anyone help with regards the adapter and whether I need to include it or not. Cheers.

Thanks for the replies. I have previously seen the youtube link and I may be being a bit slow but it still wasn't clear to me if the cassette was part of what came with the standard VW awning or an additional component either the aforesaid 'adapter' or some other non VW linking item.

I'm having the same issue. I want it black, not silver and I have the Khyam motordome, so need to know if I need the VW 'tent adaptor'...the VW dealer seems to be having all sorts of problems getting answers and at this money it really should be transparent. It doesn't actually say that the side awning rails are standard either, so it has to be resolved pre order...

I am pretty sure the awning rails are fitted as standard, and if you have the roll-out awning (which is the side you will want to attach a drive-away) it definitely has the channel for sliding in a kador strip