Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another Gas Question!

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Sorry but yet another gas question!

Do I need display a warning sticker on the back of my van advising that the vehicle is carrying LPG?

I had a caravan and one was required on it.

Sorry but yet another gas question!

Do I need display a warning sticker on the back of my van advising that the vehicle is carrying LPG?

I had a caravan and one was required on it.
You are not legally required to do so. Nor is there any Legal Requirement to have such a label on a Caravan. No person transporting LPG cylinders for Personal use in any type of vehicle or trailer is Legally required to have any such signage.
However, I have 1 on the N/S of the tailgate and 1 on the bottom of the Wardrobe below the door, at the rear. Just to help out the Fire & Rescue guys if the need should ever arise.

You are not legally required to do so. Nor is there any Legal Requirement to have such a label on a Caravan. No person transporting LPG cylinders for Personal use in any type of vehicle or trailer is Legally required to have any such signage.
However, I have 1 on the N/S of the tailgate and 1 on the bottom of the Wardrobe below the door, at the rear. Just to help out the Fire & Rescue guys if the need should ever arise.

Thanks- that's the info I have. But as you say good idea to make sure Fire and Rescue etc are aware that the vehicle is carrying LPG.

On the German boards you can find stories of camping wardens refusing Cali's without a recent, valid gas certification sticker.

On the German boards you can find stories of camping wardens refusing Cali's without a recent, valid gas certification sticker.
That is because it is a German TUV requirement. I have never heard of any UK vehicle being refused as it is not a requirement unless the vehicle is on hire. I have never been asked for a Gas Safety Certificate in any European country.