Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another great product

How big are the pockets front to back? As in, will they fit something like a spice jar?

Seeing this I thought my velcro brandrup version for the old blind had become old hat, but perhaps it still has some advantages?

No, won’t fit even a Swartz spice jar. The “pockets” aren’t as useful as you might initially think.

If you aren’t going to slide it back into the wardrobe though you could modify it with some hooks or little bungees, etc.
Hmm thanks. I was hoping it would be more useful.

I initially thought that I probably wouldn't use the little pockets, but I was wrong.

They now house two small emergency torches, a little bottle of hand gel, a hand sanitiser, lip balm, a small Nivea moisturiser, a packet of paracetamol and a packet of ibuprofen, travel tissues, playing cards... I'm sure there is more. It still slides back into the wardrobe if we want it to, so all in all, quite a usefeul addition imo.

No, won’t fit even a Swartz spice jar. The “pockets” aren’t as useful as you might initially think.

If you aren’t going to slide it back into the wardrobe though you could modify it with some hooks or little bungees, etc.
Put your spices in large tictac containers for a great fit

Might be useful as a 'safe' for mobile phones, wallets etc, pushed back out of the way. Not exactly 'safe' but some owners had their vans 10 years before discovering the hidden blind in the wardrobe
Edit: maybe even for your tracker.

Just bought one - easy to fit, no tools required and a great improvement on the old panel (T5). slides to close easily. Pretty good value for what it does.

Seeing this I thought my velcro brandrup version for the old blind had become old hat, but perhaps it still has some advantages?
We had the Brandrup bag there on the previous van, but have now relocated it to the waste of space at the back of the wardrobe at the bottom left when opening the tailgate. It was a pleasant surprise to get the new rack in our current van. We find it very useful and don't ever slide it back but leave it in situ.

If you aren’t going to slide it back into the wardrobe though you could modify it with some hooks or little bungees, etc.IMG_20190817_144110.jpgIMG_20190817_144409.jpg
Found these for spices,salt,pepper etc.

I’ve also fitted one of these blinds.

The whole blind pops out from within the wardrobe - pretty easy to do.

Think the part number is 7E7.068.761.A
Can you please describe how you remove the old one and fit the one with pockets please?

it just slides out from inside the wardrobe no tools required

Hi Kiwi, as calikev says it just pops out from within the wardrobe. You have to flex it a little and get the blind out on the bottom runner/guide.

Gotta ask: Anyone have any idea whether or not this will fit in a 2004 Cali? Ours has that sliding plastic blind, so my first thought is that it should work just fine. Didn't think there was much of a difference between 2004 and 2005?

Gotta ask: Anyone have any idea whether or not this will fit in a 2004 Cali? Ours has that sliding plastic blind, so my first thought is that it should work just fine. Didn't think there was much of a difference between 2004 and 2005?
I would say that it will fit all models from 2003-2019 and even the 2020 model.

I bought one, then spent a day spraying the back of it black, fitted it, and Mrs Loz instantly rejected it as the compartments are too small for anything like what we had in the Brandrup ones, so I was forced to swap it back.
So if anyone wants it, I’ll bring it to the Slimbridge meet...

Ive just gone to install a utility blind, but the hanging rail bracket seems to make it not possible to just pop the old one one let alone put the new one in. T5 2010 van. Am i missing something?

Pic of inside of wardrobe. Any tips welcome!!!

6C81751D-24B5-41D8-B367-134800D679CB.jpeg

It just pops out from within the wardrobe. You have to flex it in the middle a little and get the blind out on the bottom runner/guide.

Back