Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another paintwork warranty issue

G

gatvol

My bodyshop guy told me that all T5 were vulnerable to incorrect front door placement leading to the bottom rear corner of the door(ie the bit that is most prevalent to sagging) rubbing on the sill.

Suffice to say mine is rubbing here and this will be a warranty claim. It is just the diver's side

I suggest that people have a look to see whether their Cali is also in this position so they can get it sorted if possible.

I also had to the rear door handle replaced under warranty. The paintwork deteriorated after 18 months or so - think the handle might be aluminium. Has anyone else had this ?

Yes- mine is very chipped after less than 1 year (and less than 5k miles). Was your chipped or worn?
- Nick

The paintwork was probably best described as "spotted" - not chipped but had deteriorated unevenly.

Ewan said:
The paintwork was probably best described as "spotted" - not chipped but had deteriorated unevenly.

Sounds exactly like mine. Will be replaced next week by SMG.

Ewan, my rear door handle surround is also starting to lose spots of paint, almost as though it was road chips on the paintwork (unlikely). It is getting worse so will have them look at this when they check the roof blisters, could be related.

Hubert

Back