Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another T6 Ocean hits the road

ChrisAtmLvs

ChrisAtmLvs

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello

We finally took delivery of our new Acapulco Blue 204ps DSG 4Motion Ocean last Friday, and immediately dived off to Exmoor at the weekend. So far really pleased with the van and the options we picked (there were quite a few :)). Been good to finally have somewhere to put all of the stuff that we've been gathering in the house since January (we placed our order mid December).

View media item 940
We are away again this weekend, this time with the awning (Vange kela 3) and the bikes (Altera Strata DL3).

Forum has been a mine of information in that long winter waiting for it to arrive...

Chris

Looks great. Have fun :)

Looking good. Welcome to the friendly forum.
Exmoor is one of our favourite places to visit/ walk.
Where did you order from ? Good handover ?

Our Cali bottom draw is full . Hopefully delivery early June.

Welcome , let the good times roll-in....

Looks fantastic ... I have the same colour/spec on order and now I feel even more impatient :thumb

Ordered from Heritage in Bristol. Deal was competitive and being close by I could go in and spend the time getting everything right which given how challenging it is (given the lack of consistent documentation in the UK) was essential in my view.

Collection on the day was helped by going in the week before to see the van and walk through my spec list making sure everything was all correct.

Ordered from Heritage in Bristol. Deal was competitive and being close by I could go in and spend the time getting everything right which given how challenging it is (given the lack of consistent documentation in the UK) was essential in my view.

Collection on the day was helped by going in the week before to see the van and walk through my spec list making sure everything was all correct.
Hi and welcome to the board. I have mine on order with Heritage in Bristol and waiting for a build date. Sounds like we went through the same process. Looking forward to delivery. Great info on the board and have even met another couple in Bristol who could show us there Cali and give us some tips. I have a bedroom full of essential stuff awaiting its arrival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello

We finally took delivery of our new Acapulco Blue 204ps DSG 4Motion Ocean last Friday, and immediately dived off to Exmoor at the weekend. So far really pleased with the van and the options we picked (there were quite a few :)). Been good to finally have somewhere to put all of the stuff that we've been gathering in the house since January (we placed our order mid December).

View media item 940
We are away again this weekend, this time with the awning (Vange kela 3) and the bikes (Altera Strata DL3).

Forum has been a mine of information in that long winter waiting for it to arrive...

Chris
Congratulations. It looks stunning and that colour looks great in your photo.

Be careful @ChrisAtmLvs with the Strata bike rack if using mountain bikes. I've just bought that rack and now my van has a tiny 'scar' on the tailgate. I made the mistake of putting my mountain bike on first and my brake lever protruded about 5mm too far so when it caught why I opened the boot. If you haven't done already, have a play around with the order of the bikes. I now put my daughters on first. Enjoy the van.

Looks fantastic - great colour. Have lots of happy Cali days.

Hi, Both my wife and I are awaiting our new T6 Ocean Indium Gray, very excited. We are waiting delivery middle to end of May, seems to be the longest 2 months we have ever known. Hoping for are first trip to the Lakes to Coniston.
My only wish now is that they had told us about Carplay as thats the one of the extras we didn't order and I would of liked to have had that interface, To excited now to worry about that now.

My only wish now is that they had told us about Carplay as thats the one of the extras we didn't order and I would of liked to have had that interface, To excited now to worry about that now.

Provided you have the composite media system upgrade (so not necessarily the top end nav system, though it works on that too) you can retro fit CarPlay (appconnect) by way of a licence install which activates the software already resident on the head unit. It costs slightly more (about £200) at a dealer to do this afterwards.

Thank you for that very useful bit of info and i will mention it to our dealers on the day we pick her up.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Provided you have the composite media system upgrade (so not necessarily the top end nav system, though it works on that too) you can retro fit CarPlay (appconnect) by way of a licence install which activates the software already resident on the head unit. It costs slightly more (about £200) at a dealer to do this afterwards.

Is that for sure Andy? - I'd be well chuffed if that's the case! My T6 Beach has 6.33" SatNav DAB but no App Connect / Car Net / Car Play.

iPhone will Bluetooth audio but "USB device not recognised".

ps: apologies for the thread hijack Chris, nice van!

Yes I don't think you can assign the car-net stuff, because the software isn't licenced or activated. Also, Car-net does offer different options that are linked to the car itself and afaik isn't required for you to simply activate appconnect and CarPlay to work in your vehicle. You may not ever be able get all the car-net features, but we weren't after that anyway. As I said this was with a Polo, but the composite media system is the same. Dealers gave me a confusing response mind, we went to an independent in the end. VWCS wasn't much help, they just kept asking me to talk to the dealers. May be a bit better now, as this was end of last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that - I have no interest in Car-Net (though would use if I could) but not really all that fussed about POI downloads etc, petrol stations & car parks don't update all that much ...

CarPlay however would be very useful, but I don't have a MFSW with button - don't know if that's a show-stopper. I do have a single USB and AUX-IN.

I assume the required activation code is the £144 option in the price list for App-Connect ?

Back