Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another wheel and tyre question...

Crispo

Crispo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Have seen a set of delivery mileage wheels off a transporter, cascavels with hankook tyres, 205/65/16.
Current originals are 215/65/16, and often see standard issue 17" at 215/60/17, but first time I've seen this size as standard in VW van.
Any reason not to fit to California or downside compared to current?
Guessing it is just the tyre width that is different to my standard wheel/tyre?
Thanks in advance

Have seen a set of delivery mileage wheels off a transporter, cascavels with hankook tyres, 205/65/16.
Current originals are 215/65/16, and often see standard issue 17" at 215/60/17, but first time I've seen this size as standard in VW van.
Any reason not to fit to California or downside compared to current?
Guessing it is just the tyre width that is different to my standard wheel/tyre?
Thanks in advance
They should fit fine but narrower tyres tend to run at higher pressures so a harsher ride. Fine on a commercial vehicle maybe not so comfortable on a California.

Thanks for your answers - as always, extremely helpful. Think I will hold on for a set of 215's for reasons if firmness and aesthetic.
Anyone selling??

Thanks for your answers - as always, extremely helpful. Think I will hold on for a set of 215's for reasons if firmness and aesthetic.
Anyone selling??

In that case - Davenports are very nice.

Its also worth putting a wanted add on the T6 forum. You will most likely get offered a few sets within a couple if hours - some are garages so can arrange delivey.

In that case - Davenports are very nice.

Its also worth putting a wanted add on the T6 forum. You will most likely get offered a few sets within a couple if hours - some are garages so can arrange delivey.
Have just seen an eBay ad for a set of these, but + £699, a little steep imo

Back