Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any campsite advice between Calais & Hamburg

E

EdFOTB

Guest User
Hello, thanks for reading my post. My family and I are drving to Hamburg over a couple of days in early april, does anyone have any advice for places to stay on route, campsites or beautiful locations etc...

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

Thanks

E

Think you need to point out the time you got driving leaving Calais before you want to sleepover....

Think you need to point out the time you got driving leaving Calais before you want to sleepover....

Thanks for replying Hotel California, the ferry is Wednesday late morning, so I guess we can drive a few hours from Calais, maybe 4 if need be for the first night. Then it would be good to visit somewhere on the Thursday and ideally be in Hamburg Thursdsy night. Or we could stop somewhere else and be in Hamburg Friday morning? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Hotel California the website looks brilliant; I am having a look now.
:)

Cheers ,
Do you got a route planned already ? Once you know that i think some can give more tips that are on or nearby your route...

Not really - we leave the UK on Wednesday 30th April and would like to be in Hamburg by Friday night. We are then staying with friends in Hamburg and driving home Monday ideally back by the 6th April. So we dont have much time. This place looks good for Thursday night - https://www.campingselection.com/uk...uctid=6759&date=2016-05-28&nights=7&persons=4. I would quite like to camp in or near a forest or wood. We woudl be grateful for any suggestiopns of safe and fun camps sites to stay in.
Thanks again for your help, and let me know if there is anything else you need to know.
E

We stayed in a lovely wooded site near Bad Pyrmont, about 3 hours from Xanten and sort of on the way to Hamburg: http://www.schellental.de/. We had a nice wander around the local woods.

There is a restaurant on site as well. although we didn't try it. It was pretty empty when we were there a couple of years ago, that was around June.

Last edited: