Any idea!?

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone got any ideas about how to remove a plate jammed into a saucepan?

8e77ee6c98884c998aa5cb81c304dc51.jpg

add boiling water and bang bottom of pan

Bowl of very hot water?

Heat the pan, the air under the plate will expand and pop it out, or if it's not airtight, hopefully the pan well expand enough to release its "grip"

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Put a steak in and fry the damn thing!

Serious , have no idea , cold / heat might work
Or gently squeeze a (non sharp)kitchenknife between it.

What material is the plate made from? And I assume you want it out in one piece?

Boil attempts failed - I found some blu tac in the van but that failed too, all I could do was rotate the plate in the saucepan.

If you've got a go pro suction mount or sat nav suction mount that might pull it out?

Put some cold as possible water in the pan, boil a kettle full of water then turn the pan upside down, pour the boiling water on the base of the pan wait a few seconds and then give it a good tap. While keeping your fingers crossed!

What material is the plate made from? And I assume you want it out in one piece?
Bamboo - I'd prefer it out in one piece, failing that, plate damaged, saucepan intact, failing that, plate sacrificed to save the saucepan.

I have a pump for an air beam awning with a deflate feature: I wonder if that might be adapted to suck the plate out.

I have no suction cups, but will try the tailgate support as a suction cup with some olive oil to create an air seal.

Ice on the plate and heat the pan.

If that fails, assuming theplate is plastic, you may be able to drill a small hole in the plate to enable its release and still leave it usable.

Drill a hole in the bottom of your saucepan, fit a valve and pump air in.....I reckon the plate will survive ;)

I'd put on E Bay as is. It now has a value as a sauceplatepan?
Or, put the beans, or whatever, into sauceplatepan and eat from it cutting out the need to pour contents??
Or, stretch the rim of the sauce plate pan. around the rim. Metal will reshape.
Local fire station? they get heads out from metal ratings..
I'm going,

metal railings....40%proof reading, sorry. I have now gone.......

Back