Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outdoor table rattle

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just started to happen when I'm driving and no sure why - no rubber stoppers have fallen off, all looks fine. Temporarily jammed a bit of MF towel into the front "slot" (it seems okay when the table is right at the back of the table aperture) which has sorted it but not ideal.

No idea how it started as the table has not been used for a little while. It's annoying as hell - even idling makes it rattle!

Any ideas?!

Hi
I had to have the fittings in the sliding door to be replaced as water had made them rusty, this on a 2010 California. They continually rattled when on the move and after they were replaced under warranty the noise was eliminated. The possible cause for the rusty parts is the sliding window not fitting fully flush to the whole glass panel. The catch to release the table did not return to its original position after the table was removed was my first indication of the problem

It may be a couple of simple things... then again maybe not but worth checking...

Are the bungees in the door still tight or have they loosened? This puts pressure on the catch and if loose could cause a rattle.

Then there's the other one I've seen a couple of people fall foul of... The adjustable leg... If this is not screwed in, it becomes loose and rattles.

Worth a look.
Rgds

Mark

The wife is currently using the van but will check all the above when she returns - thanks!

Checked all the above - all looked fine. It still rattled so stuffed a cloth into the corner - it still rattled. Getting a little annoyed I wedged a baby wipe (!) into the catch and that stopped it - so it's the catch/whatever it's called that's rattling!

Back