Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help - bench seat stuck!!

M

maui2512

Guest User
I have been trying to put own the bed in our 3 seat bench but I think the seat belt seems to have jammed and now I can't raise the seat back as there isn't any slack at all...any ideas on how to release it again?? The photo shows how far I can lift it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a similar problem once with my Caravelle, where the connecting link had come adrift from the front (#1) handle.
Assume you have tried the rear (#1) pulling strap.

Bill

Yup I've tried that and it clicks properly to release the seat back but it's just one of the belts that has locked I think and so that is restraining any movement of the seat back beyond a certain point...flipping frustrating as now I can't even carry the kids in the car :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought...are the straps for the seat covers in the way at all?
zebedee

Zebedee said:
Just a thought...are the straps for the seat covers in the way at all?
zebedee
nope, I've taken all the covers off now too as I thought they might be getting in the way, but still no budging…so a trip to the garage it is…argh.
I'm supposed to be working today and so busy before we have a few days holiday…just what I need :cry:

Have you tried easing the bench back and forward on the rails.
I know you cant move the bench unless the back is fully down so maybe the back will not move if the bench has not "clicked in to its next horizontal position.
Also, I'm pretty sure the seat back has to go all the way down before you can pull it back up.
I'm sure you've tried all this, but can't think of anything else.
Bill

thanks everyone…took it down to Colborne's today and they couldn't fix it either so now we've got to have a whole new seat belt!! I'm so glad it's under warranty still :-/

I guess something has just gone wrong with the locking mechanism perhaps…very flipping annoying at any rate…they might not be able to get the part until Wednesday which might scupper our first camping trip plans this week :-(

and one 50 min roundtrip today, and again tomorrow/Wednesday... :headbang

Back