Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any local recommendations?

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Lost 230v connection. Hook-up cable tested and is ok and live. Circuit breaker is up, no indication on the camper control panel, internal 13a 3 pin is dead. Currently in Malvern, moving to Hay on Wye on Friday.

Anyone know of anyone local that can help?

@WelshGas @SimonB
You aren’t so far away? Of course my geography is useless. But a bump of the post may also help…

Lost 230v connection. Hook-up cable tested and is ok and live. Circuit breaker is up, no indication on the camper control panel, internal 13a 3 pin is dead. Currently in Malvern, moving to Hay on Wye on Friday.

South Hereford VW.

Sorry if it’s a silly question but have you tried turning the breaker off rather than on? Just to be 100% sure you’ve got it round the right way.

Only way everything would fail is if a cable becomes detached on the rear of the electrical intake.

I understand control panel failing or charger not working, but the 240v socket has no moving parts/ connections other than the isolation switch, so for that to not work it has to be either the breaker or a detached cable.

Also when you say hookup cable is live - is that someone testing it at the van end whilst plugged into the hookup bollard at the other end?

Sorry if it’s a silly question but have you tried turning the breaker off rather than on? Just to be 100% sure you’ve got it round the right way.

Only way everything would fail is if a cable becomes detached on the rear of the electrical intake.

I understand control panel failing or charger not working, but the 240v socket has no moving parts/ connections other than the isolation switch, so for that to not work it has to be either the breaker or a detached cable.

Also when you say hookup cable is live - is that someone testing it at the van end whilst plugged into the hookup bollard at the other end?

The CB is up and showing red. The same cable is live and effective when plugged into Jo's caravan. I suspect a failure on the connection lug on the van.

The CB is up and showing red. The same cable is live and effective when plugged into Jo's caravan. I suspect a failure on the connection lug on the van.
I suspect you are correct.

Dirty Weekender/W.A.S Autocentre in Worcester isn't far from Malvern.....http://was-autocentre.co.uk

Wrong place at the wrong time.

If you could stay there until the busfest :) in September you'd have
a few hundred people able to help you.
Sorry, I don't know why I posted this.

It was the irony.

Does the panel around the rcd not just pull off?

from a previous post by @vwguru
"Hi the panel in which the RCBO sits is just held in with double sided tape. Remove all the shelves in the rear cupboard and pull the gray trim towards you you then have full access to the back of the RCBO just replace the tape and stick back on when finished. If you want abit more cable to aid with movement then remove the outside socket by unscrewing the 4 T20 Torx screws and pulling the unit out you will find a white 3 pin connect covered in anti rattle foam pull that apart and you can see the routing of all the wire you need. You may also want to either masking tape the side of the Cali below the external socket or place some kind of protection there as there will be an earth lead conected to the chassis of the vehicle that will leave the socket hanging. Hope that helps"

Obviously check rcd connections with no hookup connected.

My next door neighbour on the site has a voltmeter and tested it for me. 236v recorded.

I’m in Berkeley 15 mins from the Slimbridge site if you want to pop down to me?

Thank you.

If we pedal like mad today and get to Hay on Wye I can be free tomorrow (Thursday) if that suits you.

Reactions: Loz
Get Peddling !

what a great Forum and what a great Fella Loz is.

edit, you’ll have your very own Cali 4mo unofficial meet :cheers

Certainly pedalled like mad today.

On one of Herefords less than best cycle paths. Completely overgrown, into the road to avoid a particularly overgrown bit, back up 100 yards further on, clipped the kerb, patch of loose gravel and left hand and arm minus a lot of skin o_O

On one of Herefords less than best cycle paths. Completely overgrown, into the road to avoid a particularly overgrown bit, back up 100 yards further on, clipped the kerb, patch of loose gravel and left hand and arm minus a lot of skin o_O
tis but a mere scratch m’lady

are you there yet ? :Iamsorry

We are the Welsh side of Hereford, about 15 miles from the border, my skin and a large part of my left palm has been left in the English side :shocked

Don't you just hate gravel on a bike!