Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone got a pic of samba red Cali with limo tints

Y

ymfb

As the title, has anyone got a pic of samba red Cali with limo tints.

Thanks

I want the limo tints, Mrs YMFB does not, I'm looking for evidence of how it will look.

ymfb said:
I want the limo tints, Mrs YMFB does not, I'm looking for evidence of how it will look.

When you say Limo tints are you talking about standard VW Privacy glass or something aftermarket?

Lol......buying a Cali without the privacy glass is like buying the SUN without page 3.........

The Cali we are buying has privacy glass, but its fairly see through, the selling dealer is offering to hav fitted a film, which they called Limo tint.

ymfb said:
The Cali we are buying has privacy glass, but its fairly see through, the selling dealer is offering to hav fitted a film, which they called Limo tint.

Like the red colour, surprised I don't see more.

I find the limo tint thing a bit strnage? The privacy glass is.... well quite private I've never found it too clear.

James

I'd be carefull with the "Limo" spec tint if you're using film. From inside the vehicle it's pretty dark! :cool:

S.

Well its all become irrelevant as WE definitely don't want it.

The advantages of it are

Privacy, there is virtually none with the VW privacy glass
If a perp tries to smash the glass it doesn't shatter
Provides UV protection

and in my humble opinion looks better, but thats emotive and personal.

Thanks for the opinions

I was also told that the film coverings also scratch much easier than pukka privacy glass, as the glass has the tint built in. So I guess this will be the case with a covering on top of a tint....

sidepod said:
I'd be carefull with the "Limo" spec tint if you're using film. From inside the vehicle it's pretty dark! :cool:

S.

that would be fine

....er....film goes on the inside !

S.

Are you going to have it then......?.......would be interesting to have feedback if you do...

Thanks

ymfb said:
not according to the dealer

Eh? Bugger. Best take my Caddy back and get the film put on the outside!

:eek:

S

You could end up with a cali that is quite dark inside. Out of 2500 members I think you are one of 2 or 3 that have asked about doing this.
Not a common modification.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Sit inside your Cali on a dull day with a dark pair of sunglasses on and you'll pretty much have a limo tint.

I can't see why anyone would want this? Ok it looks uber-bling from the outside but sitting inside when you're pitched up? Why?
Does anyone care if other campers can see inside? Unless of course you're at one of those "special interest" weekends :oops:

If you want privacy, draw the blinds.

I'd opt for a light smoke tint at the most.

S.

Im not bothered about the Limo look, only the privacy and UV protection.

I guess with everything the type of product used will determine whether the film is inside or out, but the VW Main Dealer definitely said it would be on the outside and they had several vehicles (not Calis) that had already been tinted, I did see a sport line T5 and I couldn't tell whether it was on the inside or out.

I hadn't considered special weekends buts it a thought.......

ymfb said:
Im not bothered about the Limo look, only the privacy and UV protection.

I guess with everything the type of product used will determine whether the film is inside or out, but the VW Main Dealer definitely said it would be on the outside and they had several vehicles (not Calis) that had already been tinted, I did see a sport line T5 and I couldn't tell whether it was on the inside or out.

I hadn't considered special weekends buts it a thought.......

VW chromatic (spelling) windows :)