Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window Tints

I would like to have the windows on my Cali Ocean tinted (it came with standard windows not through my choice), but have a few questions for those who have had this done already.

I am particularly worried about the rear window obscured by the unit and can't see how they will get access to this window to add the film. Even though it is obscured I can imagine it will look odd from the outside without the film. Can anyone tell me what is normally done on this window?

I am also struggling to find someone who has done a Cali SE or Ocean before. I have tried Eclipse in Aylesbury as recommended here, but they won't reply to my messages and their website is down. I am based in the Midlands and want to make sure I use a company who use high quality materials and who will offer warranty.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

I am particularly worried about the rear window obscured by the unit and can't see how they will get access to this window to add the film. Even though it is obscured I can imagine it will look odd from the outside without the film. Can anyone tell me what is normally done on this window?

For mine (pictures above in earlier post) looks fine as follows.

The rear side left window which is partially obscured by the wardrobe, only the small part which is accessible above the fridge is covered in the film, the rest is untouched. From the outside it looks the same as the tinted window so there is no strange effect.

24254850543_c94a2a79bc_z.jpg

I'm based in London as was my Tinter, which assume is too far for you. If not let me know and I'll provide info.

For mine (pictures above in earlier post) looks fine as follows.

The rear side left window which is partially obscured by the wardrobe, only the small part which is accessible above the fridge is covered in the film, the rest is untouched. From the outside it looks the same as the tinted window so there is no strange effect.

24254850543_c94a2a79bc_z.jpg

I'm based in London as was my Tinter, which assume is too far for you. If not let me know and I'll provide info.

Hi Robin

Did your original windows have the factory tint? I think this might help to hide the mismatch. The van in the link below is the same spec as mine and you can see that the glass in front of the wardrobe looks clear compared to yours. Thinking I might need to get the window removed to do the job properly.

HighResImage.aspx.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Robin

Did your original windows have the factory tint? I think this might help to hide the mismatch. The van in the link below is the same spec as mine and you can see that the glass in front of the wardrobe looks clear compared to yours. Thinking I might need to get the window removed to do the job properly.

http://www.vehicleimagezoom.r66.co.uk/?Theme=VolkswagenCV&DefaultImage=VolkswagenCV&Id=605393255

its a good point!! my van has what they call privacy windows (from factory), prior to the tint film being applied. the privacy windows were not that private, but your right they probably helped disguise the wardrobe window area. ps. your link doesn't work i.e. no photos appear.

its a good point!! my van has what they call privacy windows (from factory), prior to the tint film being applied. the privacy windows were not that private, but your right they probably helped disguise the wardrobe window area. ps. your link doesn't work i.e. no photos appear.

Hopefully the photo works now. Not the best with this modern IT stuff.

Back