Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

anyone had condensation probs with side flashers

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
the RHD side flasher on our Cali misted up a while back and never cleared so we had it replaced by dealership last week, but after a downpour on Fri the beggar is full of condensation again. The LH one is fine. Weird? just badly fitted or anyone else had this prob?
also just noticed the tailgate now does not go to full extent without an extra push (it always opened full fine) just after it came back from having new roof cupboard fitted. This had to be done cos dealer damaged it when replacing side blind in June! Now we also see dirty fingermarks on roof bed base by cupboard!
Going back tomorrow to complain and grizzle. Not happy. But wondered if side flasher thing was a fault others had b4 I add bad fitting to my tirade!

David Eccles said:
the RHD side flasher on our Cali misted up a while back and never cleared so we had it replaced by dealership last week, but after a downpour on Fri the beggar is full of condensation again. The LH one is fine. Weird? just badly fitted or anyone else had this prob?
also just noticed the tailgate now does not go to full extent without an extra push (it always opened full fine) just after it came back from having new roof cupboard fitted. This had to be done cos dealer damaged it when replacing side blind in June! Now we also see dirty fingermarks on roof bed base by cupboard!
Going back tomorrow to complain and grizzle. Not happy. But wondered if side flasher thing was a fault others had b4 I add bad fitting to my tirade!

Mine are clear from misting, would imagine it would cause corrosion if left

Mine look like sealed units David ,so if u pop them out and allow to dry u should be about to silicon them ...( I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong and they are not sealed units ) lol :)

yes they are sealed units you pop in / out but as bus is 6 months old the dealer can sort it!!!!
Funny how it happened again as soon as it rained though if they are sealed things!

David Eccles said:
yes they are sealed units you pop in / out but as bus is 6 months old the dealer can sort it!!!!
Funny how it happened again as soon as it rained though if they are sealed things!

Dealer replacement deffo David :)

David I have the same issue on the same side noticed the day after pick up as I thave 100 mile round trip to dealer will sort on 1st service

Andy

so I tell dealer tomorrow either its a fault with components OR fitting of the replacement. Interestingly I now see from jobsheet both sides were replaced last week but its still the RH one gone bad again ...
hmmmm ....
luckily my dealership is just a 20 mile round trip....but I think I want some travel and inconvenience recompense....
watch this space! ;)

just read the thread again my wet one is the otherside to yours

Andy

its not a sealed unit
they are ordering in new lens bulb holder and seals did not replace all this last time...then coming to collect bus fit it and return to me...
roof marks all valeted off
and forgot I was standing on a 6" kerb when opening tailgate oops!

Back