Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A weekend with our Beach and slidepod

We’ve now used our Slidepod a lot. Brean, Scotland, Northumberland, Peak District and Wales amongst others. We’ve used it in all weathers and other than gales and sideways rain we were never put off. When the weather was good it was utter bliss to cook outside.

I’ve found I rarely if ever remove it, only taking the water tank out. I can use the cupboard for storage even when not camping.

c9980a0c488197e3d9b8d50b32e5380a.jpg

eeee24ce619c9b27824163b404a8cecf.jpg

feae4bccedd29af08eafaa550a7889e3.jpg
60eb5b678964b7dee78788a8969ead03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey Matt

Have you got some form of quick connection to your water tank to enable you to remove it?

At present its the standard connector, a nice spiral hose and a jubilee clip to hold it in place. I did look at a quick connect setup which was only a few quid but as it only takes a few seconds to put on and take off I didn't bother changing it.

The connection into the pump at the other end of the hose is a quick connector Matt just pull down the blue tab and catch the water that drains out of the pump.

That was a good meal on the beach in Pembrokshire :), same time again next year?

Haha I can't believe I've been doing it wrong all this time, I am such a numpty.

Yes, same time next year sounds good it was a great day, I can cook next time ;)

The connection into the pump at the other end of the hose is a quick connector Matt just pull down the blue tab and catch the water that drains out of the pump.
Is that the same for all @SlidePods ?

Just checked mine and it appears to be connected by a jubilee clip?

287161ae69596662556c58b281d5127b.jpg

Yep its the same on all slidepods... even yours Daren.

Yep its the same on all slidepods... even yours Daren.

Thanks for the reply - but I'm now more confused than ever!

So I should be able to pull down a blue tab on a quick connector? As you can see from my picture the hose seems to be connected by a jubilee clip? I can't see a blue tab or quick connector? Am I missing something??

I'm looking at the end of the blue water hose (slidepod end)

The blue tab is on the pump below the black fitting that is connected to the blue pipe

Ps catch the water that drains from the pump by placing a container below it

Back