Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone have a Transporter? (non-cali) Need measurements.

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've made a solar mounting kit for the T5/T6 transporter that does not rely on the roof prep rails (T slots) being installed, which are eye wateringly expensive.

I have assumed the bolt holes on the transporter are all spaced the same on the T5 and T6 but could do with a few more confirmations. It's the spacing between the bolt holes for roof rails that I'm insterested in. No need ot remove roof bars, just an approximation is good enough to indicate consistency - i.e. measure from the centre of already installed roof bars.

This is the new mounting system - rear panel:

Single panel 1 .jpg

And one mounted further forward (allowing the installation of front and rear roof bars).

Mid panel 5.jpg

You can also install two panels in various configurations.

I'm looking to confirm my measurements which are:

Rear bolt hole to second bolt hole = 62cm
Second bolt hole to 3rd bolt hole = 80cm
Not overly concerned with hole 4 (and 5 on a LWB)

I'll message a Transporter forum but they can be a bit prickly and not so nice and welcoming like on here! :)

I've made a solar mounting kit for the T5/T6 transporter that does not rely on the roof prep rails (T slots) being installed, which are eye wateringly expensive.

I have assumed the bolt holes on the transporter are all spaced the same on the T5 and T6 but could do with a few more confirmations. It's the spacing between the bolt holes for roof rails that I'm insterested in. No need ot remove roof bars, just an approximation is good enough to indicate consistency - i.e. measure from the centre of already installed roof bars.

This is the new mounting system - rear panel:

View attachment 98882

And one mounted further forward (allowing the installation of front and rear roof bars).

View attachment 98883

You can also install two panels in various configurations.

I'm looking to confirm my measurements which are:

Rear bolt hole to second bolt hole = 62cm
Second bolt hole to 3rd bolt hole = 80cm
Not overly concerned with hole 4 (and 5 on a LWB)

I'll message a Transporter forum but they can be a bit prickly and not so nice and welcoming like on here! :)
Roger, you want to check over on the t6forum? more people there with transporters and measurements may already exists there on the site. Sorry cannot help on the measurements.

Just to update, I borrowed a friends van and now sell a tin top kit with my own roof bars. Sold two so far so should be retiring any time soon :)