Anyone know this Cali? RJ19 WPD

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Brought, owned and serviced in South London. Sold to We Buy Any Car

Anyone happen to know the previous owner, or any chance the previous owner is on here?

It’s up for auction and have a couple of questions.

It was serviced by SMG who have the old owners details but can’t pass them to me for data protection reasons.

87FC3DE2-1271-406C-AE96-AE99EDFBDB23.jpeg

Run usual HPI checks etc, although WBA would have done this anyway before they purchased.

For 2019, the service history would me minimal anyway (every 2 years) unless it has very high mileage.

Previous Owner may have just needed fast cash without the hassle that come with a private sale. WBA seem to be offering decent levels on Calis at the moment.

Run usual HPI checks etc, although WBA would have done this anyway before they purchased.

For 2019, the service history would me minimal anyway (every 2 years) unless it has very high mileage.

Previous Owner may have just needed fast cash without the hassle that come with a private sale. WBA seem to be offering decent levels on Calis at the moment.

I’ve got the service history ok. Something has been flagged at BCA that doesn’t add up though.

I’ve got the service history ok. Something has been flagged at BCA that doesn’t add up though.
Probably unrelated but there was a post a while back regarding a van with what looked to be serious damage, which was professionally repaired & then listed for sale. (Hopefully someone else can remember, and post the link). I think it was the same colour.

Probably unrelated but there was a post a while back regarding a van with what looked to be serious damage, which was professionally repaired & then listed for sale. (Hopefully someone else can remember, and post the link). I think it was the same colour.
That one was black with a respray to half-tone black and grey if i recall.

If that was the kebab shop one, that was a grey 2018

Thanks. This issue is potentially engine related but think it’s a red herring

The guy doing the inspection has a mate that wants to buy it cheaply?

So the guy that was going to bid for me calls me at 9.00am to say he can’t do it. Great, as the auction is at 10:30am….

Need a BCA trade account to bid so no go after all that prep.

Brought, owned and serviced in South London. Sold to We Buy Any Car
It was serviced by SMG who have the old owners details but can’t pass them to me for data protection reasons.

Strange that its SMG, I would have put money on the original dealer being CityGate all their pre reg & Demos registrations start RJ

I don't know how much risk there is buying that even if there may be an engine problem - there's at least 10 months VW warranty left & its got a service plan in place.

Strange that its SMG, I would have put money on the original dealer being CityGate all their pre reg & Demos registrations start RJ

I don't know how much risk there is buying that even if there may be an engine problem - there's at least 10 months VW warranty left & its got a service plan in place.

Original dealer was Citygate, serviced at SMG last day of March.

1,000 miles & 6 weeks later in an auction, flagged as ‘Oil / Coolant contamination’. I think it’s a red herring.

I can’t bid anyway as this guy has let me down. Such a lovely spec too.

Original dealer was Citygate, serviced at SMG last day of March.

1,000 miles & 6 weeks later in an auction, flagged as ‘Oil / Coolant contamination’. I think it’s a red herring.

I can’t bid anyway as this guy has let me down. Such a lovely spec too.
Maybe the red herring of oil emulsion in the oil dipstick channel/oil filler due to the T6 engine having a different design. There were quit a few posts about this when the T6 came out.

Maybe the red herring of oil emulsion in the oil dipstick channel/oil filler due to the T6 engine having a different design. There were quit a few posts about this when the T6 came out.

I think it’s something like this too. Makes no sense for there to be an engine issue, and most likely be something that was covered by warranty anyways.

No one on here has a BCA trade account by any chance… :)

I think it’s something like this too. Makes no sense for there to be an engine issue, and most likely be something that was covered by warranty anyways.

No one on here has a BCA trade account by any chance… :)

Phone call to SMG - deposit over the phone & get them to buy it for you with a mark up?

Phone call to SMG - deposit over the phone & get them to buy it for you with a mark up?

Funnily enough they told me they’ve been buying at auction as they can’t get enough second hand vehicles for stock.

Well, my recently cancelled van order, arriving in August, seems to have gone up around 6k, once it hits the VW dealership forecourt, glad I’m out of this rip off racket going on

Back