• Yes - Open Day Only

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMG Open Day & Camping Meet (West Sussex) - 15th Septemb

If anyone wishes to order any discounted Brandrup or VW Accessories to collect on the day please can you contact Steve ASAP to ensure the items are waiting for you: Tel: 01403 839 669

Martin stop tempting me over to the dark side with more stuff....

JockMacMad said:

Haha, Jock the Brandrup catalogue is every cali owners bible and should never leave your side

I am picking up the Takato patterned cushions for the Beach on Sat - they are called pillows, but I think this is in part due to the German translation.

I've been after a set of these for some time :)

James

Martin said:
JockMacMad said:

Haha, Jock the Brandrup catalogue is every cali owners bible and should never leave your side

Not got a catalogue Martin ,but could do with reading material ,so sure to pick a copy up :)

Where else can you buy a mossie net for the price of a second hand car?

Keep that book away from me I may burst into flames (or that could be from the Cobb lol).

If the weather is anywhere as good as the last meeting I will pack sunscreen. Mind it says over 13 degrees so I will need to pack it anyway so I don't accidentally go from blue to white to lobster :)

Just to remind everyone that the workshop will be shutting at 1200. I still have a couple of spaces left for some work on Saturday morning as some other guys have moved to Friday.

Please contact me directly if you would like us to look at anything.

Thanks

For those of you travelling to the meeting on Friday here are a few food options available in Cowfold, which is only 7 mins from the Campsite. :thumb

Cowfold Cottage Tandoori, great Indian food which I can personally recommend. A few of us will be eating there on Friday evening from around 7 o'clock so you are welcome to join us.

There is a Mobile Fish and Chip Van parked by the sports field on Friday evening which is very popular with the locals.

Finally if you want to do your own thing at the campsite and need a last minute stock up there is a Co Op which is open in the evening for supplies that also has a cash point. :D

John

1. Martin
2. Kev
3. John
4. Stu
5. Andy
6. VECali
7. steviej
8. choplee
9. Gary & Heather
10. JockMacMad
11. Custard
12. Viking
13. seasidesal ( Day Visitor)
14. Viktor ( Day Visitor)
15. SebKing
16. Graham & Sue
17. Bigmac4061
18. Alex
19. T5 David
20. Celia and Edward
21. THEGOLDIES
22. George and Mildred
23. Dr JohnB
24. keacal2705
25. CJM
26. Rilla
27. Stephen

Its looking like good weather for the weekend meet so for anyone who is thinking of coming last minute here is a bump of the campsite and local details.

However, just been to Blacklands Farm Campsite which looks great. I found both Neil and Keith, who run the site, to be very friendly and its only 8 mins. drive to SMG in Cowfold.

The campsite is both children and dog friendly with footpaths and bridle ways accessible directly from the campsite. The campsite has a fishing lake and 4 ponds but you do require a national rod licence, so please check with the campsite if you would like to use them. There are also 2 good pubs, Bloos, and The Royal Oak, within walking distance.

As for facility's the campsite has electric hook ups, recently refurbished toilet and shower blocks, a children's play area, and a shop on site for basic provisions. Henfield village is very close to the Campsite with its shops, pubs, and a petrol station. In Cowfold, as well as SMG, you will find a good Co op and the Cowfold Cottage Tandoori which does takeaway Indian cuisine that I can personally highly recommend. (01403 865865)

Nick agreed to waver the £5 pitch fee if adults pay £6.50 instead of the normal £6 and he also agreed to reduce electric by 50p to £4.50 for Cali club forum members. Children aged between 3 to 14 years old are charged £3 per night.

Booking for the campsite is done online with a online Booking Form and is looked after by Leon. In the section Additional Information mention that you are for the VW California Club meeting to get the discounts. You will later receive a code for the entrance and the directions to the campsite.

Here is the link;
http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk/campsit ... -form.html

Here also are some reviews and details of Blacklands Farm Campsite;

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=4495

Blacklands Farm Campsite,
Wheatsheaf Road, (B2116)
Henfield,
West Sussex.
BN5 9AT

Telephone 01273 493528

John

An 'FBI' at the local Tandoori!! Sounds good to me!
J

Only 3 or 4 places left :eek:

Rilla said:
1. Martin
2. Kev
3. John
4. Stu
5. Andy
6. VECali
7. steviej
8. choplee
9. Gary & Heather
10. JockMacMad
11. Custard
12. Viking
15. SebKing
16. Graham & Sue
17. Bigmac4061
18. Alex
19. T5 David
20. Celia and Edward
21. THEGOLDIES
22. George and Mildred
23. Dr JohnB
24. keacal2705
25. CJM
26. Rilla
27. Stephen

1. Martin
2. Kev
3. John
4. Stu
5. Andy
6. VECali
7. steviej
8. choplee
9. Gary & Heather
10. JockMacMad
11. Custard
12. Viking
15. SebKing
16. Graham & Sue
17. Bigmac4061
18. Alex
19. T5 David
20. Celia and Edward
21. THEGOLDIES
22. DrJohnB
23. George & Mildred
24. keacal2705
25. CJM
26. Rilla
27. Stephen
28. wingco

If you are attending the Open Day only on Saturday you are more than welcome to join our cali convoy from Henfield down to SMG in Cowfold, it is only a short journey but should make a good sight !!

You will need to arrive at the entrance to Blacklands Farm campsite in Henfield on the B2116 at approx 11.30am.

viking said:
Martin said:
Look forward to seeing you John, this is turning into a 'lads night out'
Well ! my wife Sue is coming, and we're camping at least 2 nights. She won't be happy if she's the only woman. Can we have a head count of how many women are attending ?
cheers

Wife + Child in tow for me :rofl

Please tell Sue she is most welcome :thumb

CJM said:
I realise this is not the correct topic within which to introduce ourselves so apologies for this, however as we will be attending on Saturday I thought I would take advantage of the thread.

Sarah and I (and our 18 month old son) are very new California owners – (Stu for your topic we are the owners of a Grey Berghaus!) We collected our Cali yesterday from Colbournes in Guildford.

Excellent, would you mind posting in the Berghaus thread for me if you haven't already. :thumb

So, whats happening about food on Friday night?

I've just looked through the whole thread to see if I've missed something, but can't see anyone came to a conclusion.

Are we just doing our own thing? :idea:

I think we had best all do our own thing as we now have quite a few coming on Friday night and arriving at different times, there will be a few trips to the Indian take away in cowfold aswell, looks like a nice day and evening weather wise tomorrow to dine outside.

Martin said:
I think we had best all do our own thing as we now have quite a few coming on Friday night and arriving at different times, there will be a few trips to the Indian take away in cowfold aswell, looks like a nice day and evening weather wise tomorrow to dine outside.

Fair enough. :thumb

As with all our meets things can change so be prepared incase the Cobb cook off is back on again

re camping prices, according to their own web site, adults mid-season is only £5 per night, the £6 per night charge ended on the 28th August :? :?: :?:
John said:
Its looking like good weather for the weekend meet so for anyone who is thinking of coming last minute here is a bump of the campsite and local details.

However, just been to Blacklands Farm Campsite which looks great. I found both Neil and Keith, who run the site, to be very friendly and its only 8 mins. drive to SMG in Cowfold.

The campsite is both children and dog friendly with footpaths and bridle ways accessible directly from the campsite. The campsite has a fishing lake and 4 ponds but you do require a national rod licence, so please check with the campsite if you would like to use them. There are also 2 good pubs, Bloos, and The Royal Oak, within walking distance.

As for facility's the campsite has electric hook ups, recently refurbished toilet and shower blocks, a children's play area, and a shop on site for basic provisions. Henfield village is very close to the Campsite with its shops, pubs, and a petrol station. In Cowfold, as well as SMG, you will find a good Co op and the Cowfold Cottage Tandoori which does takeaway Indian cuisine that I can personally highly recommend. (01403 865865)

Neil agreed to waver the £5 pitch fee if adults pay £6.50 instead of the normal £6 and he also agreed to reduce electric by 50p to £4.50 for Cali club forum members. Children aged between 3 to 14 years old are charged £3 per night.

Booking for the campsite is done online with a online Booking Form and is looked after by Leon. In the section Additional Information mention that you are for the VW California Club meeting to get the discounts. You will later receive a code for the entrance and the directions to the campsite.

Here is the link;
http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk/campsit ... -form.html

Here also are some reviews and details of Blacklands Farm Campsite;

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=4495

Blacklands Farm Campsite,
Wheatsheaf Road, (B2116)
Henfield,
West Sussex.
BN5 9AT

Telephone 01273 493528

John

John said:
Henfield village is very close to the Campsite with its shops, pubs, and a petrol station.

Please be aware that Henfield's petrol station has been shut for some months due to leaking tanks and has been demolished as part of decontaminating the site.

The next nearest one is Bramber, about 6 miles away...

(Shame we can't be there at the meet, as family live nearby, but it's Harry's 4th birthday party on the Saturday)

Simon & Eleanor

Thanks for the info about the Petrol Station Simon there is also a Petrol Station near Bolney on the A272. :thumb

John

Thanks for that Eric, I will check with John

Status
Not open for further replies.