Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone planning a trip to France, Italy, Spain, or beyond this year?

What if you are only driving through France to get To Spain

Before you try to trip me up, a mate of mine crossed over yesterday from Cork - straight thru - welcome to France, no issues at all!!! English number plates, English passport, and an English sheepdog (no kidding)

Fingers firmly crossed for our ferry bookings and beach-side reservation in south-west France for three weeks in August! As long as we don't have a big second spike in UK Covid cases I'm optimistic.

Fingers firmly crossed for our ferry bookings and beach-side reservation in south-west France for three weeks in August! As long as we don't have a big second spike in UK Covid cases I'm optimistic.

A guy I know, manages a camp site in France. He heads back over next week. Business as usual, so it seems...

Before you try to trip me up, a mate of mine crossed over yesterday from Cork - straight thru - welcome to France, no issues at all!!! English number plates, English passport, and an English sheepdog (no kidding)
It appears to be a Voluntary rather than Mandatory 14 day quarantine.

It's been so long since I posted on this forum. Hope you're all ok and staying sane.

We're looking at potentially heading into France this September. Booked a channel tunnel crossing, just in case.
But not really sure what will happen after that. We know a few people over there with land, so could have a perfectly nice holiday with social distancing observed.

Anyone planning a similar trip?
I have reservations on Eurotunnel, 29 July with 4 o/n reservations in 3 campsites with final drive through to house on Spanish coast. I haven't examined minutely the travelling through either France or Spain at the moment as they can change o/n! At the moment, inhabitants of Valencia are permitted to travel w/i the whole of the province. Travel outside provinces, with the exception of Madrid and Barcelona, will ensue after midnight on 21 June as "the state of alarm" will be lifted. HowEEVER:
"Can tourists enter the country from June 21? No. Although there is currently one exception: 10,900 Germans who will arrive from the Balearic Islands from Monday and will not have to observe the two-week quarantine. Other regions are in negotiations with the central government to approve similar deals. Other visitors will have to wait, although Brussels is calling for interior borders to be reopened from June 15, with freedom for all citizens living within the Schengen area. Spain is taking a more conservative approach, however, and will not open its borders until July 1."
I read this to mean the UK is not included as we are not "Schengen." But the lure of £=€ is something the EU is taking into consideration, particularly Spain. So, we are keeping fingers crossed that the UK will be permitted to drive vehicles through France and Spain come the end of July.

I don't want to be pedantic but!

Unless the British Isles has fell off the continental shelf, you are already in Europe, the title should be.

Anyone planning a trip to the Mainland this year.

Obviously expecting a few spirited replies... :)

Gosh, I wrote that without thinking. And I'm a Remainer! Yikes.

I've updated the title. It was meant innocently.

Last edited by a moderator: