Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone planning a trip to France, Italy, Spain, or beyond this year?

C

CaliKate

Guest User
It's been so long since I posted on this forum. Hope you're all ok and staying sane.

We're looking at potentially heading into France this September. Booked a channel tunnel crossing, just in case.
But not really sure what will happen after that. We know a few people over there with land, so could have a perfectly nice holiday with social distancing observed.

Anyone planning a similar trip?

We have booked the Eurotunnel mid august for 2 weeks. Hoping to see friends in Zurich, head south-West through Switzerland, few nights in Chamonix and trundle back up. If it can't happen, rebook the train, already paid a deposit for UK campsite as the Plan B.

We would be grateful just to get away for a week, whether UK or Europe.

I have Ypres booked 10th September, then Grubhof in Austria. Also trying to book Zeinissee to make a bit of a Alps road trip. Also using the Tunnel.

Dreaming of Switzerland in Oct. We usually do off season and do not pre-book. Last minute bookings can be cheaper as well. Route planned. Campsites identified. Cycling and walks penned. Now, what's missing ? ... oh! The govt rules ....

We have France also booked mid September. Staying for a few nights in Chamonix, then moving down nr Monaco for another 3 nights and finally stopping in St Tropez for last 3 nights on a beach campsite.

Fingers crossed very tightly that we get to do it.

I have three weeks booked ( ferry only) it was supposed to be an “transient ” tour of north / west France / Belgium after a two week stay in Benodet last year. Which opened Mrs Perfectos eyes to the options for transient touring and the flexibility !
The OH is fluent in French and the kids are taking French GCSE: culture, fun and educational.
Mon Saint Michelle, Bayer, plenty of beaches, history, seafood , oysters, BBQs

I’m expecting to reschedule to a later time, but I will be going when we can

We were hoping to hop across to France through Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and stay in our family town in Denmark (Sjaelland) together with my daughters/partners and new Grand Daughter. But the uncertainty of permissible travel and re-entry meant that logistics of those still working got too complicated/tricksy.

We may try something just ourselves (me, Mrs Big Ron and Jessie the Jack Russell....14 next Tuesday!) but I’d like to hear from people on here who are already travelling freely/not throughout NW Europe before I get my hopes up too much.

I’m feeling all revved up but nowhere to go at the moment....I’m sure many are.

Borders are open from 15th June on between France-Belgium-Netherlands-Germany... and from July also sanitary block will be open.
So you're welcome to stop over here :cheers

I think the main problem will be the quarantaine that UK is still holding on. No idea if that works both ways? And if your government will change ideas by July?

Showers and toilets on Dutch campings are opening up sooner than planned. 15th of june in stead of 1st of july.

Well, assuming you're not yet in the country, the problem won't be getting into a campsite, but more.. getting into the country. Our PM said in a recent press conference (3rd june) that we expect to allow tourists from 12 countries (Europe/EU/Schengen) into the country, after june 15. But Sweden and the UK will be 2 countries from which we will most probably not allow tourists, unless the situation changes. Things can change, but for now, as I understand it, UK and Sweden are exempt.

Should I take a holiday of any length, 'Abroad' this year, my employer is insisting that on return I should self-isolate for 14 days. Those days also to be deducted from my Annual Leave entitlement.....It's looking very much like walking Hadrians Wall is on the cards.

Should I take a holiday of any length, 'Abroad' this year, my employer is insisting that on return I should self-isolate for 14 days. Those days also to be deducted from my Annual Leave entitlement.....It's looking very much like walking Hadrians Wall is on the cards.

I'm a freelancer and work from home, so can quarantine no problem. I appreciate I'm lucky. But if I get ill, there's no one to run my business. So...

Last 2 weeks of August booked before lock down and still not canceled.
Also booked a static in Cornwall as back up.
I'll make a decision mid July about which to cancel but for now just wait and see.

Last 2 weeks of August booked before lock down and still not canceled.
Also booked a static in Cornwall as back up.
I'll make a decision mid July about which to cancel but for now just wait and see.
Snap

So far, no plans... We are in the privileged position of not having the restrictions of work to worry about any more and have spent every May and June, then September and October over the last few years, meandering around various corners of the continent. We don't even normally book a return ferry until a couple of weeks before returning and have rarely pre-booked campsites. The plan is generally 'not to have a plan', maybe have a target, just point the van in a direction and see what happens. Spontaneity is what we have always enjoyed with our Cali and it concerns us that this aspect of travelling may have its limitations in the future.

Currently it seems that as UK has 2 week quarantine in place France will reciprocate. Will be OK to travel through France to another Country without stopping.
All still very uncertain.

Fortunately French neighbour took pity on my overgrown lawn and cut it. Home overlooks Mont Saint Michelle Bay and really missing walks on beach. Hoping late July>August return.