Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone planning a trip to France, Italy, Spain, or beyond this year?

Well, assuming you're not yet in the country, the problem won't be getting into a campsite, but more.. getting into the country. Our PM said in a recent press conference (3rd june) that we expect to allow tourists from 12 countries (Europe/EU/Schengen) into the country, after june 15. But Sweden and the UK will be 2 countries from which we will most probably not allow tourists, unless the situation changes. Things can change, but for now, as I understand it, UK and Sweden are exempt.
It seems Belgium will not make exemptions - border will open June 15th for all EU countries, UK included, as are Swiss and Norway. Denmark is closing borders till end of August. UK quarantaine seems to stay in order, and yes, countries may alter their policy if things go wrong somewhere.
So no Denmark for us this year:confused: but enough beauty spots in Europe elsewhere.

I have a long standing booking on the 1st July (DFDS Newhaven->Dieppe) for 2 and a bit weeks trip. Also have a campsite booked in the Dordogne for majority of the period we're in France.The route has remained running for essential journeys throughout. DFDS are offering the option of a voucher valid until end 2021. But if borders open next week (15th June I may be able to use the existing booking without having to have the 'essential journey' certificate the French currently have in force? Campsite reopened last week so should be OK on that side.
The tit for tat quarantine rules are still a concern, I think the French side is voluntary ? and I would need to have a 'conversation' with work about the English one. Seems its due for review on the 30th June (I need to have made a decision before then).

Well, assuming you're not yet in the country, the problem won't be getting into a campsite, but more.. getting into the country. Our PM said in a recent press conference (3rd june) that we expect to allow tourists from 12 countries (Europe/EU/Schengen) into the country, after june 15. But Sweden and the UK will be 2 countries from which we will most probably not allow tourists, unless the situation changes. Things can change, but for now, as I understand it, UK and Sweden are exempt.
What about transiting. Eg. Eurotunnel straight to Belgium not stopping or even getting out of the van?
Surely a lot of EU countries that are opening would be upset with France stopping people transiting for a minimum period.

5 weeks in Spain in November for us

The situation here in Spain today, is that travel between autonomous communities will be allowed from the 21st/22nd June. This is because the national state of alarm ends on the 21st. To this end, an increasing number of campsites are now taking bookings for early July and onwards. Spain is planning to open its international borders in early July, but the UK and Sweden don't seem to be meeting the current requirements for their citizens to enter Spain (and a number of other EU countries). Transgressions of social distancing measures here have been met with severe fines and are likely to remain quite strict for the foreseeable future. I doubt the Spanish government would support the level of social interaction currently being displayed by the British. There has been significant press coverage of the 'ongoing situation' and the UK is doing itself no favours. Hopefully, travel restrictions will be eased once everyone starts singing from the same song sheet. To the best of my knowledge, the information I have provided is as accurate as possible, but the overall situation is still somewhat fluid.

In section 2 it appears that
'The following people will be exempt from voluntary quarantine, except if they show symptoms:
-
people in transit to another country;'

We are booked for Portugal over Christmas so will be going out in the EU and coming back outside of EU, what can go possibly go wrong

So far, no plans... We are in the privileged position of not having the restrictions of work to worry about any more and have spent every May and June, then September and October over the last few years, meandering around various corners of the continent. We don't even normally book a return ferry until a couple of weeks before returning and have rarely pre-booked campsites. The plan is generally 'not to have a plan', maybe have a target, just point the van in a direction and see what happens. Spontaneity is what we have always enjoyed with our Cali and it concerns us that this aspect of travelling may have its limitations in the future.
I think that we may of met you last September on a campsite at Lacanau Lac ?

It's been so long since I posted on this forum. Hope you're all ok and staying sane.

We're looking at potentially heading into France this September. Booked a channel tunnel crossing, just in case.
But not really sure what will happen after that. We know a few people over there with land, so could have a perfectly nice holiday with social distancing observed.

Anyone planning a similar trip?
Nice to see you back Kate.

We are hoping to do a week in the uk second week in July and last week in August but nothing booked yet and 2-3 weeks in Spain mid September but nothing booked as yet, waiting to see how things progress.

I think that we may of met you last September on a campsite at Lacanau Lac ?
Hi, yes it was us. It was a huge forest campsite on the lake with hardly anyone in it. We moved south to Arcachon then followed the sun over to the Languedoc for most of October. Hope you are both well during these difficult times. We should have been down in Greece and the Balkans at the moment but obviously that plan never left the drawing board. It’s going to be a while before we manage that I suspect, and as I said in my post, we worry about the spontaneity associated with our type of travel. All the best to you both and with your own travels!

We had a trip to Spain planned for May. We have rebooked with Channel Tunnel for September and it is looking more hopeful that we will be able to go. I am running low on wine!

We had planned to go to Amsterdam at Easter to Watch the Euro Hockey finals but that got canned. Moved the Eurotunnel booking to October half-term with the intention of doing a WWI Battlefield tour. No campsites booked yet, waiting a little longer to see how things settle down.

Hi, yes it was us. It was a huge forest campsite on the lake with hardly anyone in it. We moved south to Arcachon then followed the sun over to the Languedoc for most of October. Hope you are both well during these difficult times. We should have been down in Greece and the Balkans at the moment but obviously that plan never left the drawing board. It’s going to be a while before we manage that I suspect, and as I said in my post, we worry about the spontaneity associated with our type of travel. All the best to you both and with your own travels!
We thought so!
Our travel plans have also been disrupted so far. I was due to fly to Nepal on 20th March to trek to Everest Base Camp, with my wife Ann flying out to meet up with me on 8th April in Ho Chi Minh City, for a further 3 weeks backpacking around Vietnam, all cancelled.
We have booked a campsite in France for September, so hopefully we'll be able to get some time away in the Cali.
All the best to both of you too!

We booked last year... Stena line from Harwich to Hook early September and Back on Brittany ferries Santander to Portsmouth late September ..Paid the 25% deposit on BF and will have to pay the 75% at the end of July...Just waiting to see what restrictions we have put on us to see if we can go or cancel it and just lose the 25%.. Nobody can say what’s happening yet but feel we really need a holiday after all this crap.We are living in Wales so it’s been far more strict than in England...Am I sorry? No not one bit..At least we are not allowing people to drive 30 miles to test their eye sight.....

Booked for mid July through France and on to Alicante area Spain. Me and the dog..... Fingers crossed...

We are booked on P&O on the 30th of June , I believe the Spanish border from France to Spain is supposed to open on 1st July , Quarantine back into the UK is supposed to be reviewed on the 29th,
It’s a friends villa in the Spanish Pyrenees that we are heading to,
I can take 2 more weeks of work on return if the UK quarantine is not lifted
But 2 of my family going with me are road traffic cops, and they don’t have to quarantine on the return to the UK, I guess there exempt from catching CV or spreading it (How stupid are those rules then)
But if I was the Spanish government I wouldn’t let people from the UK in
The way people haven’t been socially distancing here is a complete joke, Just go to any outdoor venue , and judging by the amount of people that are descending on these places you would think the world was coming to an end ,
Well it probably is,
At least there will be some cheap bikes for sale at the end of it all,

It's been so long since I posted on this forum. Hope you're all ok and staying sane.

We're looking at potentially heading into France this September. Booked a channel tunnel crossing, just in case.
But not really sure what will happen after that. We know a few people over there with land, so could have a perfectly nice holiday with social distancing observed.

Hi

We are hoping for a 2 weeker in France mid two weeks of July....

As me and the OH are both retired, quarantinping isn’t an issue, and will wait till September, however our son may have to keep his distance, oh scrap that, he’s on his xbox most of the time and furloughed atm

I have three weeks booked ( ferry only) it was supposed to be an “transient ” tour of north / west France / Belgium after a two week stay in Benodet last year. Which opened Mrs Perfectos eyes to the options for transient touring and the flexibility !
The OH is fluent in French and the kids are taking French GCSE: culture, fun and educational.
Mon Saint Michelle, Bayer, plenty of beaches, history, seafood , oysters, BBQs

I’m expecting to reschedule to a later time, but I will be going when we can
Mmmmm oysters

Great to see so many people making plans. I think everything will be open by mid August, possibly much earlier if you look at Ryanair’s bookings for July (78%)!

We’re booked Irish Ferries Dublin Cherbourg 2nd September to 2nd October for much needed French indulgence in wine, cheese and chill.
Tom

We booked last year... Stena line from Harwich to Hook early September and Back on Brittany ferries Santander to Portsmouth late September ..Paid the 25% deposit on BF and will have to pay the 75% at the end of July...Just waiting to see what restrictions we have put on us to see if we can go or cancel it and just lose the 25%.. Nobody can say what’s happening yet but feel we really need a holiday after all this crap.We are living in Wales so it’s been far more strict than in England...Am I sorry? No not one bit..At least we are not allowing people to drive 30 miles to test their eye sight.....
Modifying your booking is free ATM

I talk to work colleagues in France every week. Campsites all fully open including 'camping municipale' sites, restaurants open......but there is a reciprocal 14 day quarantine for UK residents but only because we have imposed same on them. Thats easily avoided - take the ferry to Ireland and cross the channel from Cork and come back the same way - no quarantine. The idiots in government haven't thought about that one!!!

I don't want to be pedantic but!

Unless the British Isles has fell off the continental shelf, you are already in Europe, the title should be.

Anyone planning a trip to the Mainland this year.

Obviously expecting a few spirited replies... :)