Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inaccessible 12V socket

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I'm rigging up some LED light strips on the awning and want to use the 12V socket on the C pillar. It is not readily accessible but I think I have found a good solution.

IMG_3969.JPG

This adapter has 2 12V sockets (RHS) and 4 fast charge USB sockets. The 12V plug is short enough to clear the seat and has a push switch on top so it can be turned off without having to remove the plug. Total rating is 5A / 60W. It also comes with a self adhesive Velcro pad to allow re-positioning.

It's a bit pricey at £10.99 but does the job perfectly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HPX03EW/?tag=eliteelect-21

Last edited:
Yep good work. Ability to switch off is good or your draining your battery for no good reason.

Mike

I'm planning on routing a rear dashcam to that socket ;-)

Does anybody know of a low profile, right angled 12v plug? Have had no success on Google.

To clarify i’m talking about a cigarette lighter plug.

I took the awning lights feed from the rear internal light switch. Got a small on/off rocker switch placed next to the rear switch and the feed then goes via a small plug and socket to the lights.

I took the awning lights feed from the rear internal light switch. Got a small on/off rocker switch placed next to the rear switch and the feed then goes via a small plug and socket to the lights.
Thanks but i’m not looking to wire anything in permanently. I’m looking to use the socket by the bench seat for an accessory but want a low profile 90 degree plug as a straight one is in danger of fouling if the seat is moved.

image.jpgI got this some years back from Halford. It’s marked “Simple Life”.

Thanks ArunAlec. Don’t need the sockets but the plug end looks good.

Any good?
Thanks Stu@rt. I’ve seen those but am under the impression that the diameter differs from the standard 12v cigarette lighter plug? Can anybody advise on that?

Thanks Stu@rt. I’ve seen those but am under the impression that the diameter differs from the standard 12v cigarette lighter plug? Can anybody advise on that?
Yeah, looks like you are right DIN is 12mm and what are looking for is 22mm by the looks. My bad, as they say. Apologies

Won’t fit.
I have the same system as DM, plugged in permenantly and the bench clears the plug when being moved.
You can buy the same plug on Amazon or eBay.

D221AF15-4F28-4081-ABF4-D773130E365A.jpeg

Thanks WG. My accessory has the cable coming out of the top which is the issue. Looks like yours and DM’s doesn’t. Could be the answer, i’ll have a look on Amazon.

Back