Anyone tried to get a VW Service Plan for a Westfalia?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
When I had my first service I signed up for a 2 year service plan. It took the dealer a bit of time to input details on the VW system because the Westfalia is not recognised on the VW UK system (being seen as an import despite being RHD ).
Wind the clock on 2 years and I try to get a new plan (during the 20% discount scheme).
Despite the dealers best attempts, no joy, computer says “NO”!
VWFS don’t seem to be able to sort it despite me and the dealer contacting them directly!
Got to say Breeze have been great and are still trying to resolve.
But VW Finance …… aaaargh! They gave me a screenshot of exactly what the dealer needs to input to get around the problem…… failed!
Anyone had experience and any joy?

When I had my first service I signed up for a 2 year service plan. It took the dealer a bit of time to input details on the VW system because the Westfalia is not recognised on the VW UK system (being seen as an import despite being RHD ).
Wind the clock on 2 years and I try to get a new plan (during the 20% discount scheme).
Despite the dealers best attempts, no joy, computer says “NO”!
VWFS don’t seem to be able to sort it despite me and the dealer contacting them directly!
Got to say Breeze have been great and are still trying to resolve.
But VW Finance …… aaaargh! They gave me a screenshot of exactly what the dealer needs to input to get around the problem…… failed!
Anyone had experience and any joy?
Hey there, I can't speak for the UK, but in Switzerland I had a similar issue initially with them entering my VIN in the system. They escalated and finally all is good and they were able to sell me the "Carlife Plus" extended warranty from VW directly. Now every year it is a straightforward renewal as they only send me an invoice in January. So it should be doable but I also had headaches initially. Of course they won't cover anything on the Westfalia camper side of the van, but anything related to the Transporter base VW is all covered.

Back