Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Transferred Service Plan

sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I’ve just successfully transferred a four service plan (2 x Full & 2 x Interim) into my name, which expires in April 2020.

The first Interim Service was done by the dealer I bought the T6 from, so didn’t come off the plan. However, my problem is that the van just had it’s second service completed (full service completed by the local VW dealer) so that leaves me with three services to use in just over a year!

The local dealer tells me that they’ve never seen a plan with an expiry date or never had it pointed out to them before. By their reckoning, using the ‘Long Life’ Service Schedule, the van won’t need a service again until February 2021 (Interim), then Feb 2023 (Full), finally Feb 2025 (Interim).

Before I call up VWCS, has anyone else ever come across this with their own (or transferred) service plan?

Also, I’m told by the dealer that they now only do long life services on T6 California’s.

My 4x service plan has an expiry date (4 years from date of purchase). I didn't realise this when I bought it.

My Beach is set up for long life service but I'm resigned to taking it in for annual servicing just to use up the services.

I called VWFS and they confirmed services must be used before expiry. I'm peeved because I thought I was buying a plan that would potentially cover me for 8 years.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Same for me - I have a MOT coming up and had only used 1 service to date and so they are going to service the vehicle to use up a service on my plan (4x). I've sent an email to VWFS concerning a time limit and will advise when I get a response

Just got response from VWFS concerning if there was an expiry date on my service plan.

Details of email below;

I have checked your files and can update you with the reality of your FPS plan.
You bought 4 services, 2 interim and 2 full, in addition to this there is an MOT.
As mentioned you have had 1 interim and 1 full service (2017 & 2019).
This leaves another interim and a full service, plus an MOT.
The actual closing date on this product is 03.03.2024 and was a 96 month contract.

So result as it's confirmed as an 8 year service plan and so perfect! This was taken out in March 2016 and so not sure if subsequent offers have changed in terms of expiry date. :)

Back