Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone using Calimoto route app?

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Heard about this free app on Harry's Garage today. Sounds California related but it's actually designed for motorcycles. Choose a destination and the app will suggest the most interesting and scenic route, but not necessarily the quickest. Seems like a nice alternative to Waze when time is on your side and the journey is as important as the destination.

Used it for a while.
It is not a free app thought. When you want to use it for a longer period you need to purchase a license.
It works really good and you get the most beautiful results from it.

Just had a look and seems to be 50 quid a year to use.

Nice concept but I have to say Waze quite often takes us on wild and winding routes and not always for the better.

Worth a try though on our upcoming Cornwall/Devon/South coast trip.

Yes, I listened to Harry's 'promo' again and 'there is a premium' was a throwaway remark which I missed. 50 quid seems excessive. I would want a trial period to test it before committing to that sort 'premium'

The “free” option looks to have enough to give it a go.

TomTom Rider (400, 410, ... 500, 510). You can choose the type of road (more or less climbing/descending, more or less curves, ... etc ..). They are quite expensive to just use them in a car, but since I ride bikes also, I have one that I can use in the California :).

I don't know if the TomTom Go app has the same possibilities, but a one-year subscription is 19.99 euro, so that's ok. There's a 14 days trail period. Going to try it this evening.

Back