Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone with experience of getting a replacement Cali whilst 3rd party insurance repairs done?

Alison C

Alison C

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
My lovely van suffered a hit to the rear, whilst parked, back in August. 3rd party admitted liability and their insurers agreed. It's still driveable and doesn't look too bad but damage is enough to require a new bumper and tailgate.

I've been led on a merry dance ever since. Just off the phone to the 3rd accident management company referred to by Adrian Flux. None can provide me with a replacement Cali (or campervan of any description) for the duration of the repairs which are estimated at 10 working days.
20200812_100844 (2).jpg

After much messing around and not being happy with who they were suggesting do the repairs, I have finally gone direct to a VW approved repair company who have approval direct from the 3rd party insurers to carry out the repairs. They can provide a car but not a campervan.

My Cali is my only vehicle and I frequently sleep in it and use it most days as my office. I also have a dog who is with me 24/7. I haven't even asked the question about a dog being allowed in a hire vehicle!

Anyone had experience of a situation like this - how did you resolve it? What am I entitled to claim for? Renting office space for 2 weeks, if they can't provide a like for like replacement? This is getting so tedious now. I just want it sorted. I am staggered by the number of people who've been involved and the hours of conversations about it - I have lost count of the number of times I have given my name, address and DOB for 'Data Protection' purposes.... Argh! Help please.

Back