Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Appalling quality

I should add.
Happy to hear experiences of both Ducato and Mercedes owners on why they chose that particular chassis.
Personally, the Mercedes looks like a little more premium and it sure feels that way comparing it to a friends’ Ducato. Of course it’s pricier but for about £80k we imported ours from Germany and it was almost fully specced out. I have ridden a fiat a few times and compared to the Merc the ride feels quite bumpy. Fiat has more internal space thanks to the boxier design, but coming from a cali both the Mercedes and Fiat will feel huge in comparison.

Looked at Fiat and Mercedes base for the Hymer. On balance we actually preferred the Fiat in the latest series 8 guise.

There is substantially more room inside as the sides pf the van are pretty much vertical rather than being tapered inwards, and the most is quite a bit shorter giving more habitation space for a given length.

We have the Blue Evolution (a posh Hymer Free 540) and there is SO much space - we transferred the contents of the Cali across and there is still tons of spare space, its quite amazing really.

The 540 works for us as we can still use it as a second car, being easy to park in a normal space and manoeuvre being a short wheelbase.

Cant fault the Hymer fittings. The Fiat dash is, well, a bit Fiat, plastics not as good as VW or Mercedes. The seats however are very comfortable and adjustable, and the digital dash, 10 inch display look really up to date.

Need to upgrade the speakers and add a sub though and we may go for VC or Goldschmit air suspension.

We used Highbridge near Taunton and they have been really good throughout the process and I'd highly recommend them, in particular Adam Green in sales.

I'll start a new thread and review the van, but did upset a few people before who didn't like the idea of non VW vans on the forum which was a shame!!

Went out looking for a replacement VW . Always been a Cali man but came back with a German coach built Fiat/Ducato Burstner Motorhome because of VFM....Still aint sure if done the right thing but having a loo/shower and no bed making is terrific!! Now I have admitted this shall I leave the forum quickly

Looked at Fiat and Mercedes base for the Hymer. On balance we actually preferred the Fiat in the latest series 8 guise.

There is substantially more room inside as the sides pf the van are pretty much vertical rather than being tapered inwards, and the most is quite a bit shorter giving more habitation space for a given length.

We have the Blue Evolution (a posh Hymer Free 540) and there is SO much space - we transferred the contents of the Cali across and there is still tons of spare space, its quite amazing really.

The 540 works for us as we can still use it as a second car, being easy to park in a normal space and manoeuvre being a short wheelbase.

Cant fault the Hymer fittings. The Fiat dash is, well, a bit Fiat, plastics not as good as VW or Mercedes. The seats however are very comfortable and adjustable, and the digital dash, 10 inch display look really up to date.

Need to upgrade the speakers and add a sub though and we may go for VC or Goldschmit air suspension.

We used Highbridge near Taunton and they have been really good throughout the process and I'd highly recommend them, in particular Adam Green in sales.

I'll start a new thread and review the van, but did upset a few people before who didn't like the idea of non VW vans on the forum which was a shame!!
You could try Hymercar owners group on facebook, very friendly like this one.
Lots of useful info.

You could try Hymercar owners group on facebook, very friendly like this one.
Lots of useful info.
Yes am on there but less activity given the numbers. The Adria group is pretty active and some useful info re the Ducato base, but lots unhappy with build of the habitation parts and very long delivery delays.

Back