Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are the factory fitted radios key coded?

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi y'all,
I had my RCD310 removed and replaced some time ago but have only just got round to selling the RCD310 on ebay.

The auction just ended and I had an awful thought that it'll be locked and the buyer will need a Key Code.

Is this the case? If so, can I get it from the dealer I purchased my Cali from?

Thanks in advance.

I think they are (coded), and that you should have a key card somewhere with your original documentation.

Yes they are coded and it will need the code for it to work for the new owner.

cheers

After a recent completely flat starter battery, my DAB radio came back to life without having to put in a key code. it's the original VW unit fitted to the vehicle ????

steviej said:
After a recent completely flat starter battery, my DAB radio came back to life without having to put in a key code. it's the original VW unit fitted to the vehicle ????

From what I heard, the radio is linked to the VIN number of the van. I.e. it would work in the original vehicle even after power cut, but if you attempt to install it in any other, it will ask for the code.

Regards
Andrzej

Andresz said:
From what I heard, the radio is linked to the VIN number of the van. I.e. it would work in the original vehicle even after power cut, but if you attemt to install in any other, it will ask for the code.
That is also my understanding.

bvddobb said:
Andresz said:
From what I heard, the radio is linked to the VIN number of the van. I.e. it would work in the original vehicle even after power cut, but if you attemt to install in any other, it will ask for the code.
That is also my understanding.

By the way. If anybody else is due to upgrage to a higher scale stereo in the Cali, I would be glad to buy the previous one.
Anything more sophisticated than my current VW Delta Radio would do. I am especially looking for MP3 reading from USB or card slot.
Thanks
Andrzej

Got the answer!

Any dealership can give you the Code providing you visit them with the V5 and the vehicle.

Back