Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are you still happy with where you live?

We plan to move from London sometime before our eldest boy begins secondary school. Favoured places to move to include the Welsh Marches and the south west peninsula. We wouldn't rule out East Anglia either.

We love where we live. Just a few minutes walk to the beach, numerous country parks, lots of coastal trails & green spaces. Good train & bus transport links. We can be over the border into North Wales in just over half an hour, into The Peak District in an hour & a half The Lakes & Yorkshire in two hours. Plus we get the most amazing sunsets :)

View attachment 57049

View attachment 57050

View attachment 57051

View attachment 57052

View attachment 57053

View attachment 57054

View attachment 57055

View attachment 57056
I miss my visits to The Wirral & the tunnel charges have been reomoved.

We plan to move from London sometime before our eldest boy begins secondary school. Favoured places to move to include the Welsh Marches and the south west peninsula. We wouldn't rule out East Anglia either.
East angular is a bit flat, I suppose that you know that. Also, in the light of global warming, do you want to live in an area where the highest piece of ground is only 6m above sea level? Rivers are tidal for 50 km inland. The insurance companies have cottoned on to this. Check your Environment Agency flood map, because they use it to decide if they will insure you. On the other hand, if you are interested in land drainage, both modern and historic, it is a fascinating area.

Close :thumb Wallasey on The Wirral.
Do you know N B? It’s had a real renaissance in the last couple of years it’s a thriving area now.
Yes I have a friend that lives there, I’m only half an hour down the road, I thought the lighthouse was NB? I may be wrong.

After 25 years of commuting to London, we moved out of the London edge of Essex in August last year.

Our new place is in the middle of the village, daughter goes to the local school. This was taken on our exercise walk on Saturday.

Regrets? Not one

IMG-20200405-WA0003.jpeg

Surely not! That’s where I weave in and out of the joggers on my bike! ;)

It is a very "bike happy" part of the world, I admit.

In fact, just a bit further down, as you reach the KG5 roundabout, was where I had to remonstrate severely with a cyclist! :shocked

He and his mate rattled past me giving me about six inches of space as they rode abreast and to my loudly muttered expletive the one on my side stopped his bike and proceeded to tell me to foxtrot Oscar.

He got both barrels, about not having a bell, not having manners, not reading signs, ...... I had run about ten miles at that stage and was just a little bit hot and bothered.

The most embarrassing thing for me was my torrent of righteous indignation attracted the attention of quite a few people, who had no choice but to stop whilst this exchange went on, which led to spontaneous applause when I had finished, especially from someone wheeling a young child in a pushchair wo had suffered from this dickhead moments earlier.

It is a very "bike happy" part of the world, I admit.

In fact, just a bit further down, as you reach the KG5 roundabout, was where I had to remonstrate severely with a cyclist! :shocked

He and his mate rattled past me giving me about six inches of space as they rode abreast and to my loudly muttered expletive the one on my side stopped his bike and proceeded to tell me to foxtrot Oscar.

He got both barrels, about not having a bell, not having manners, not reading signs, ...... I had run about ten miles at that stage and was just a little bit hot and bothered.

The most embarrassing thing for me was my torrent of righteous indignation attracted the attention of quite a few people, who had no choice but to stop whilst this exchange went on, which led to spontaneous applause when I had finished, especially from someone wheeling a young child in a pushchair wo had suffered from this dickhead moments earlier.
Seriously when I do ride I tend to keep away from the “shared” paths where possible, too many potential triggers for conflict! Of course when on foot I get grumpy at ”bloody cyclists” ! Worthing Promenade is a source of entertainment as a mixed use area, tots on trikes through to Lycra mixed in with grannies on their electric scooters, joggers, drunk tourists, skateboards, kids and dogs all fighting for their right to meander.

Seriously when I do ride I tend to keep away from the “shared” paths where possible, too many potential triggers for conflict! Of course when on foot I get grumpy at ”bloody cyclists” ! Worthing Promenade is a source of entertainment as a mixed use area, tots on trikes through to Lycra mixed in with grannies on their electric scooters, joggers, drunk tourists, skateboards, kids and dogs all fighting for their right to meander.

and in the middle of that lot, the train!:D

I like to visit the lakes but I could not live there due to the near permanent rain, I live in a micro climate in the South West near the sea
I can assure you that's a myth!