Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where abouts are you from

timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
It would be nice if folk on this forum put where they live. area or town , not their home address.
When I read posts I have no idea if they are in the U.K. or other parts of the world.
Just my thoughts on the matter
Timber

It would be nice if folk on this forum put where they live. area or town , not their home address.
When I read posts I have no idea if they are in the U.K. or other parts of the world.
Just my thoughts on the matter
Timber

Some do not wich to give those details away.
There is the possibility to add this info under your avatar in your personal detals , but seems not many do this....

Mine shows vaguely as I have put a slightly incorrect location. I don't want to advertise where my Cali is ;)

London and South West France, why do more people not fill in their location?

Paranoia because I'm not far from the docks.

I've had a few vehicles targeted in the past. As the overnight locations were not prominent I can only assume by being followed.

In a similar vain I sold my Mother's car (after buying Her a replacement), incorrectly (due to nagging from my Mother), and managed to locate the car for the police by knowing the rough location, which the individual mentioned in passing during the purchase.

Slightly off message - but apparently Robert Mugabee is from Yorkshire

mug.jpg

I like that your avatar often has a flag of your location now. Interestingly, though, I realised that it takes your location from where your device accesses the internet, not necessarily where it is.

Mine usually shows the union flag, except when I use my work laptop. I work for a French company, and the VPN security on my laptop goes via France, so this site puts me in France when I log in. Not actually been to France for a few years!

BTW, I'm from Lancashire, England.

Last edited:
I like that your avatar often has a flag of your location now. Interestingly, though, I realised that it takes your location from where your device accesses the internet, not necessarily where it is.

Mine usually shows the union flag, except when I use my work laptop. I work for a French company, and the VPN security on my laptop goes via France, so this site puts me in France when I log in. Not actually been to France for a few years!

BTW, I'm from Lancashire, England.

I live in Darlington County Durham. Was thinking of taking the van over to France in a couple weeks after a tour of the south coast and the if I have time left I will go to Spain. I work offshore so depending on what way the server routes my location could change.

Back