Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

At the docks

Looks great Ian picking up in Crawley also. I'm in two minds just to have them deliver to the north of England as I'm fairly far north in Scotland from there. It would save me a lot of travel and miles. Yes agreed re service so far not even had any paperwork or comms other than initial order acceptance. At least VW uk recognise my order.
OK. They’ll only do by driver and not low loader. I wanted to put the miles on my vehicle, so not an option for me. What I’d do is get a hire car down, one way and then take a leisurely drive back up. Dealt with David and tbf he was great, picked me up from hire car depo.

In terms of handover, no pressure for time, take your time but be aware, unless you are rejecting the vehicle outright, you’ll be driving away either 100% happy or something less. As I said, trim issues for me.

We added;
Satellite dish - took 2 hours to set up. Dish and TV issues. Google to the rescue.
Diesel heater - errored on first use and took Google to solve again.
Water and cassette with SOG - again minor issues.

Basically, nothing sorted via PDI, all in a box for you to set up. Shocking really for an 80K purchase.

All said, already loving it. The real frustration was the fitted sheets for the mattress (from Brandrup), no instructions, pain in the bum, but perfect fit, once on. Have ordered second pair.

I’ll take pics if you want and give some instructions, if required.

Said to someone earlier today - pub, restaurant and hotel all in one place, for us perfect. Any Q’s - ask. If I can help, happy to do so.

BTW - the supplied windscreen and side window blind is rubbish, get an isolite.

Best wishes for your delivery, whatever way you go. Having spent more on this, than the cost of our first two homes combined, got to say, no regrets.

Many thanks Ian, appreciate the advice. I'm sure I'll be Calling on your experience post delivery. We've got the diesel heater and SOG So will be expecting the same. Having had a Cali for 5years I've become used to problem solving and having a go at self repairs. Where have you ordered the fitted sheets from I notice the club shop has been out of stock for sometime now.

Many thanks Ian, appreciate the advice. I'm sure I'll be Calling on your experience post delivery. We've got the diesel heater and SOG So will be expecting the same. Having had a Cali for 5years I've become used to problem solving and having a go at self repairs. Where have you ordered the fitted sheets from I notice the club shop has been out of stock for sometime now.
Went to Brandrup website - supplier is Wiest. They are fab, 10 times over priced but , hey, if you can afford this bus, you can be fleeced for a bed sheet.

Like WG says there is no Checks done on the habitation area just the van.

Best check your order schedule against what has been delivered, one tip re heating and how it really works ie gas/electric combi boiler, its more efficient working on gas than electric. electric works well on the 10 amp as x2 elements are in operation, There are a few options available.Electric/Mix gas & electric or just gas.
I spoke directly to Truma and learnt more in 10 minuets than reading the manual for 2 hours.

Congratulations look forward to seeing your photos
If you haven't already I would be ordering your fitted sheets as they may be a shortage, they are available from the shop.

I also had GasLow fitted.
Hey @Breeze1 I completely agree about your suggestion re: the double plug set up. Will all dealers do this as part of a service?

Last edited:
Hey @Breeze1 I completely agree about your suggestion re: the double plug set up. Will all dealers do this as part of a service?
Morning Ian,
Well all I did was request that they look at it to see if it was achievable as it was not fit for purpose as currently assembled, It came back done so all good, just ask sure they will do it and no charge.Simple job.
Good luck.

Morning Ian,
Well all I did was request that they look at it to see if it was achievable as it was not fit for purpose as currently assembled, It came back done so all good, just ask sure they will do it and no charge.Simple job.
Good luck.
You should have the other one turned too, would look better if both are side on:thumb

You should have the other one turned too, would look better if both are side on:thumb
Nothing for ages and then you just pop up, Hope all is well. Your right by the way.

Yeah had to come back from Scotland as I’m selling a place, will be back in the van soon though.
Hope you enjoyed the nc500, and got the sticker

You should look into wild Atlantic way if you liked that.

Hi Simon, any news on your GC, I checked today and mine has arrived in Sheerness so not far away now. Hopefully yours was on the same boat.

Hi Simon, any news on your GC, I checked today and mine has arrived in Sheerness so not far away now. Hopefully yours was on the same boat.
Hi Bob, Just checked now and mine is still at port of exit!, but has clearance so shouldn't be long. Hope I can get it soon while we can still travel around the country, I've got to go from the south to the north to collect.

Ha ha we should have swapped I'm going from very far North of Scotland to the deepest south (Crawley) for mine.

Ha ha we should have swapped I'm going from very far North of Scotland to the deepest south (Crawley) for mine.
Lol.
yeah it’s going to be a long day going to collect it unless we take a duvet with us on the train for an over night stay and even then they’ll be no heating as it doesn’t come with a gas bottle apparently so probably leave very early and drive straight back.

Ok, thank you i Understand. I should consider this vip membership:oops:
I gather for overseas members there is a lower subscription rate because they cannot utilise some of the Forum Discounts.
Maybe one of the Administrators can confirm. @Martin @calikev

Lol.
yeah it’s going to be a long day going to collect it unless we take a duvet with us on the train for an over night stay and even then they’ll be no heating as it doesn’t come with a gas bottle apparently so probably leave very early and drive straight back.
I got my joker from Scotland, had to travel from Southampton.
Hired a car one way (pretty cheap), loaded it up with all my camping gear and made the most of Scotland Spent 3wks up there and it was October.
I wouldn’t rush to head back, any problems and in the first few days you can pop back to the dealer too.

I got my joker from Scotland, had to travel from Southampton.
Hired a car one way (pretty cheap), loaded it up with all my camping gear and made the most of Scotland Spent 3wks up there and it was October.
I wouldn’t rush to head back, any problems and in the first few days you can pop back to the dealer too.
Good suggestion! Think I’ll look into hiring a car then.

Good suggestion! Think I’ll look into hiring a car then.
I used euro cars and went for a small 1.2l and they tried to give me an up grade on the cheap on the day. Turned it down and they still gave me upgrade for nothing as it was a Scottish car they wanted to back up there :) it was a couple of years ago now so can’t remember price,there wasn’t much in it over train though.

Hi Simon

How are you tracking the order? I was told you couldn’t track a commercial vehicle order so rely on dealer updated. Be online chat?

I’m based in Aberdeen and should be heading to pool in a few weeks to pick up the GC. Ordered in early sept.

Cheers - also called Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used euro cars and went for a small 1.2l and they tried to give me an up grade on the cheap on the day. Turned it down and they still gave me upgrade for nothing as it was a Scottish car they wanted to back up there :) it was a couple of years ago now so can’t remember price,there wasn’t much in it over train though.
I hope they’ve got a Tesla they’re desperate to get back up north, I’ll gladly accept that instead of the budget 1.1 I’ll probably get.

Hi Simon

How are you tracking the order? I was told you couldn’t track a commercial vehicle order so rely on dealer updated. Be online chat?

I’m based in Aberdeen and should be heading to pool in a few weeks to pick up the GC. Ordered in early sept.

Cheers - also called Simon

Hi Simon, I check through Vw chat, they can track the order at every step, mines at 39 which is at port of exit with clearance. Next steps are on ship, arrive at port (Uk) then several other steps until it’s at the dealer, so Rather than contacting the dealer it’s easier to go through chat.
it’s funny that most of us are travelling to the opposite end of the country to collect our vans!

Thank you Simon, that’s great, avoids hassling the dealer when I’m impatient. I tried to order van up here but dealer couldn’t get close to discount or didn’t want to entertain it so went for Poole as they seemed to get an ok write up. Good luck with the collection, maybe we’ll pass in the middle somewhere! Simon

Thank you Simon, that’s great, avoids hassling the dealer when I’m impatient. I tried to order van up here but dealer couldn’t get close to discount or didn’t want to entertain it so went for Poole as they seemed to get an ok write up. Good luck with the collection, maybe we’ll pass in the middle somewhere! Simon

Yup, at some point in the near future I'll be trying to get from Windsor to Preston to pick mine up. Already decided on one-way car rental. Now it just depends on Covid lockdowns here. And possible delays due to RDE2. And Covid lockdowns in Germany. And Brexit. Apart from that, everything's good.

Yup, at some point in the near future I'll be trying to get from Windsor to Preston to pick mine up. Already decided on one-way car rental. Now it just depends on Covid lockdowns here. And possible delays due to RDE2. And Covid lockdowns in Germany. And Brexit. Apart from that, everything's good.
I’ve got to go to Preston for mine as well. Not looking good with the latest looming national lockdown but regards to Brexit I suppose as long as the van has already made it into the uk before the end of the year no extra tariffs will apply in the event of no deal.

Wonder what the new lockdown means for car dealerships! At least we you should miss the no deal extra tax

So pleased that Liverpool VC have sorted the trim issues, just want to be able to make use of Val as much as possible. Any new/prospective GC owners, if you have a question, just ask, that’s what I wished was available for me before buying.

Back