Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Attn T6.1 LED Headlight owners

I’m guessing the catalogue is wrong... 3 for right hand side and only 1 for left hand side...
No it’s VW. Checked on a number of sites. It’s VWs mistake in description.

No it’s VW. Checked on a number of sites. It’s VWs mistake in description.
VW can't even get their on-line catalog right. Obviously two of those were meant to be left hand side. Given that VW tech has imploded, we are lucky to have the Forum to figure these things out, since VW is currently not able.

Hi all,

Very interesting thread!
We are a french-spanish couple resident in UK and we just bought a new VW T6.1 in Spain. We just went to the spanish dealership this morning to see our new van (build in September 2020) and I realised that I could not find the travel mode in the media system....

Can someone post the picture on where to find this option on the previous versions of the T6/T6.1, so I can double-check next time we go to the dealership?

We are importing the vehicle in the UK (working with a car importer). We were hoping to get our mutual recognition certificate in one or two weeks (our VCA application has been submitted 3 weeks ago) but the fact that the travel mode doesn't exist anymore on our model is worrisome... Let's see how it goes, our application should be processed soon...

Except a guy on the T6F has exported his van to Munich and the TuV testing station has rejected it.

The Golf 8 which shares the same electronics platform as the 6.1, with the same menus has the travel option, so it looks like the menu option has not been enabled on the Transporter. It might be possible to enable this with VCDS?
@Loz, do you mean the light beam can be adjusted using a diagnostic tool?

No, the new 6.1 headlights have a flatish beam (some notches but no nearside "uptick") this is acceptable for travelling abroad but not the correct beam pattern for german TUV that will require changing the low beam unit on our nearside.
The dealer above was working on the wrong information (no surprise)

Hi all,

Very interesting thread!
We are a french-spanish couple resident in UK and we just bought a new VW T6.1 in Spain. We just went to the spanish dealership this morning to see our new van (build in September 2020) and I realised that I could not find the travel mode in the media system....

Can someone post the picture on where to find this option on the previous versions of the T6/T6.1, so I can double-check next time we go to the dealership?

We are importing the vehicle in the UK (working with a car importer). We were hoping to get our mutual recognition certificate in one or two weeks (our VCA application has been submitted 3 weeks ago) but the fact that the travel mode doesn't exist anymore on our model is worrisome... Let's see how it goes, our application should be processed soon...

Hi @loic2000 was your application processed without having to change the beam unit? The (UK) VCA states that Flat Beam is acceptable so hopefully it was ok.

S2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I once had a VAG car that changed the headlights automatically
as soon as i entered the UK
linked in with the Navi

I had a Land Rover Discovery 5 and in the few minutes I used it before it fell apart, I noticed it also adjusted the lights automatically according to GPS.

Hi @loic2000 was your application processed without having to change the beam unit? The (UK) VCA states that Flat Beam is acceptable so hopefully it was ok.

S2

Yes, all went fine! It took us a little bit of time to get the dvla registration done but we finally got the plates and driving back to the UK tomorrow ‍

Back