Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auto dipping door mirror in reverse

Skinnee D

Skinnee D

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi - I just wondered if anyone who already has their new T6 has found whether the auto dipping function for the nearside door mirror in reverse has been included by VW? It's very handy in our Golf, where it will do it whenever the mirror control knob is set to L.

BTW - thanks so much for all the great info that you're all posting on here about Californias - it's been a massive help to us getting our order finally sorted out for one as we're new to the whole camper scene. Really appreciated!

On my BMW near dipping only occurs in reverse if the left/right switch it switched left. Switch it right and mirror goes back to normal. Maybe the same on VW's ????

On my BMW near dipping only occurs in reverse if the left/right switch it switched left. Switch it right and mirror goes back to normal. Maybe the same on VW's ????
No. No such function as far as I know.

Sounds great, love the idea.

I have this on my Audi and it is a brilliant function but I'd assumed my California won't have it, even with the upgraded folding mirrors and the light & vision pack added.

You never know, it might be possible to activate it via VCDS but I'm not sure.

If you find it handy , just use the button on the door to lower the mirror while parking...take two sec. to do.
Did this in the old days all the time on my Beemer witch had very expencive 17"BBS rims....would not hit the curbs parking up....
My Cali got 16" steels so no worries there:)

Yes that does sound the same as our Golf other than a centre parking position for the switch.

I hadn't thought about VCDS, some people on the Mk7 Golf forums have managed to customise a lot of settings that way. Will put that on my to do list of things to find out. Ours isn't expected until at least May so some time to go yet before playing...

Thanks everyone :)

I doubt very much that this will be a VCDS option unless it's actually an option on the T6.

I doubt very much that this will be a VCDS option unless it's actually an option on the T6.
I would have agreed except it was not an option to have the 'fog light cornering light' function on my A6 but I had someone turn it on with VCDS, nonetheless.

I think it comes down to the physical capability of the hardware that is present and the mirrors CAN electronically be dipped, of course, so it's potentially possible? Not sure but, if I'm feeling brave enough, I might try and find it when my Beach arrives (in May - or earlier, hopefully).

We really need more information on the VCDS options within a California. I certainly don't know enough about it and would be intrigued to see what the potential is. Are there any experts out there with a list of tricks specific to the vehicle?

Last edited:
For the Golf it requires different hardware (switch and a motor) so imagine it's the same for a Transporter, but fingers crossed!

Found this elsewhere. It's a couple of years old and was meant for an Audi but it must be along the right lines:

Enabling reverse mirror tilt on cars without memory seats: Go to module 52 Door Elect, Pass., Long Coding, Byte 4. If the byte has value 40 (cars without electrically folding mirrors), change it to 4C. If the byte has value 50 (cars with folding or folding/dimming mirrors), change it to 5C. Afterwards when reversing and the mirror knob is in passenger position the passenger side mirror will tilt while on reverse to better show the curb. It was reported that 4C won't work in some cars, but value 44 instead does. This probably has to do with equipment levels.

It all depe.ds on the control modules, if it will not do it then it will not be available as anoption.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I got the auto door lock option ticked last time I had my mechanic go into the computer.

It didn't work, although the option was listed in VCDS display complete with a speed choice too.

Alan

Back