Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

automatic transmission jerks

Do any of you have any problems when starting with jerking gearbox?
There have been some reports of jerky gear boxes. Request for a software update from your workshop or get the software updated from places such as CRS performance Bognor Motors. Will solve the issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mines been fine for over a year but has now developed a nasty habit which is particularly noticeable at roundabouts. I put my foot on the GO pedal and nothing happens for what seems like an age then it lurches off with spinning wheels! Good job I’m not having to take a driving test in it.

I’m having the TVS drivability software upgrade done this week at Bognor motors. Reports are a good.
removes the delay, always in the right gear, reduce clutch slip in 2nd and 3rd etc.

Attachments

• Brochure_DQ500.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
I’m having the TVS drivability software upgrade done this week at Bognor motors. Reports are a good.
removes the delay, always in the right gear, reduce clutch slip in 2nd and 3rd etc.

Loz
Did you get this done yet...?

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION JERKS

A bit harsh. I'm sure some DSG owners are nice people :thumb
I don't know, I have a manual, and can be a jerk sometimes too?

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
There was also a VW upgrade to the engine and transmission software to improve it according to the German California forum. Mine 2019 has newer software available according to Obdeleven

Yes our DSG box whilst smooth on the move is a pain starting off at a roundabout /junction. It also hesitates in reverse and simply refuses to back smoothly up any kind of incline. I mentioned it at the first service and JCT Sheffield said they had done a check on the DSG control system, at the second service (MAJOR! oil change, filters, and take a few photos) they told us that the DSG computer software needed an up grade which takes all day so the Cali is booked in with them to have this done, hopefully we will see a better driving experience! Shame is that I have had to drive the Cali 26000Mls before the fault is acknowledged. For the record I'm a car / driving fan and don't have any issue with setting off in any of our fleet of vehicles. The 2002 Caravelle T4, which is also mainly driven by me, has about 250,000 Mls on the clock and is still on its original clutch; we bought it as a demonstrator 18 years ago!

View attachment 70857

Last edited:
Back