Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a pre-lift T5.. What should I look out for?

T

teapeaage

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi!

I rented a T6 some time ago and had an absolute blast.
However, with their current price points, I don't want to invest over 40-45k EUR on a used T5.1/ T6.
I ended up looking at 2003-2007 T5.. Any suggestions on what I should look out for? I am interested in getting an automatic transmission, less than 200kkm T5.

Any help would be much appreciated!

There was quite a change of engines late 2006 ish which saw the introduction of dpfs and ‘new’ engines (well the codes changed, and the manifolds).
The auto at this stage is a bit old fashioned if you’ve got used to the DSG in the 2010 onwards.
Both pre and post the engine change suffered with leaks from the exhaust manifolds, despite a big design change, so sniff for fumes in the cab.

Also, check the upper mattress for p1ss stains,
that could be a 300 quid job just to replace, as its
grey, you might not see a map of the world fully but you
might see Africa.

Check everything - become VIP member for the usual checklist is a great start. Many threads about the 180/174 hp positive and negative, we do have one with only 131 hp, TDI from 2005, just changed the Turbo at 190k KM no other major problems. I tried to keep it up to date changing the intorior colour, parts of the dashboard.
Many reasons to buy a T5 however also many reasons to buy new like lights, warranty and so on.
I hope you'll find what you're looking for.

Hi!

I rented a T6 some time ago and had an absolute blast.
However, with their current price points, I don't want to invest over 40-45k EUR on a used T5.1/ T6.
I ended up looking at 2003-2007 T5.. Any suggestions on what I should look out for? I am interested in getting an automatic transmission, less than 200kkm T5.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Maybe things are different in Poland, but in The Netherlands for 45k you should be able to get a post-facelift T5. So a T5.1/GP from 2010 and younger with around 120.000 km or better. I know this is the case in the Netherlands and generally in Germany it's even better. That's why the Dutch often import used Cali's from Germany. So if that is indeed your budget, and prices in Poland are higher, you could consider looking in Germany.

Also, check the upper mattress for p1ss stains,
that could be a 300 quid job just to replace, as its
grey, you might not see a map of the world fully but you
might see Africa.
At least you should know all of that. You have one.

Back