Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autumn travel: Elba

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Sleeping: We slept 2 nights down because of the wind/storm and used the top of our Joolz to lay him down (at rear end). Worked well (Sorry forgot to take any pictures).
At top he just sleeps between us or at the side. Best way so far for us.

Sitting: Yesterday one of our chairs fall apart (~13 years old). Actually only the seam it self. Or maybe I ate to much ice cream here
Did you have it repaired? I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Took the fabric to a shoemaker (cordonnier) at a shopping mall in Vendôme (France). The man put a new stitch on it. I was not quite happy with the looks of it, but it holds up to now.

IMG_20190713_181744.jpg

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Did you have it repaired? I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Took the fabric to a shoemaker (cordonnier) at a shopping mall in Vendôme (France). The man put a new stitch on it. I was not quite happy with the looks of it, but it holds up to now.

View attachment 51190
I got an broken chair from a friend (Garage Weibel, Bern) and took the cloth of it to fix it.
Anyway thinking of replacing them...

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130

Goodbye Elba! This year was warmer and sunnier! Food is still so lovely and people very child-friendly. Def recommend to others travelling with kids.

Short stop in Volterra and then back home!

Ferry in Beckenried-Gersau, Central Switzerland

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
It's this time in the year again. Although we have to avoid stopping/driving through Ligurien (Genua/Genova) we might still be OK driving to Elba...

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Never say never and try before having an opinion: Tent was cheap, boy loves it as a batcave/playtent. However not sure we'll stick to it. Def not in warm sunny summer. But for now: We enjoy having a tent

Camping Scaglieri

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
And again Camping Scaglieri was wonderful. Some pros and cons already covered before however for younger kids everything is here (playground little bit sketchy&pool a bit cold) so def a recommandation for visiting Elba with Kids.

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
D83334B5-6BD0-45D7-8EAD-3D7572D04B8F.jpeg
Camping da Mario next to Porto Azzuro, same same but every year great fun! This year we had some wind!

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Back after a stopp in Lucca next to Pisa (worth a visit). An we really enjoyed the Italian "lifestyle" and how they handle it with kids. We never had the impression that turning up with a young one is in any way a problem. Okay, we didn't visit any posh restaurants, we tried to be quite at the campsites. So Italy is def a great place to visit with kids.
May be we'll be back next year?

VW California Club