Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Driving Lights.

I believe it's definitely a UK legal requirement that any aux driving lights must only work with headlamp main beam (ie switch off when dip beam selected). Can't actually find a good regs reference for that but it obviously makes sense anyway.

I have fitted the standard Triple R 750's using the Lazerlamps fitting kit with the CANM8 Cannect Canbus interface. The lights work on main beam only. The beam patterns of the different lamps can be seen on the Lazerlamp site.

How hard are these two wire up, I know I could do the cutting and fitting side it's just the wiring that would bother me never been good with cables :rolleyes:

Sorry, no idea how difficult to fit. The lights were fitted by a qualified auto electrician. About half a day.

How hard are these two wire up, I know I could do the cutting and fitting side it's just the wiring that would bother me never been good with cables :rolleyes:
Easiest way, to avoid tinkering with the electronics, would be a fused supply from the Engine Battery via a suitable relay triggered by the Main beam supply wire.

The auto electrician used a CANM8 Contactless reader. This triggers the relay. I dont know how it was fitted , but to quote from Lazer website The Contactless Reader option allows the CAN Bus interface to read vehicle CAN Bus data without any actual metal to metal connection between the interface and the vehicle CAN Bus. The reader is secured around a section of the vehicle CAN Bus wiring and data is read by an induction method, thus protecting any manufacturers warranty. No tinkering required. Hope this helps.

The auto electrician used a CANM8 Contactless reader. This triggers the relay. I dont know how it was fitted , but to quote from Lazer website The Contactless Reader option allows the CAN Bus interface to read vehicle CAN Bus data without any actual metal to metal connection between the interface and the vehicle CAN Bus. The reader is secured around a section of the vehicle CAN Bus wiring and data is read by an induction method, thus protecting any manufacturers warranty. No tinkering required. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for that big help :thumb

Hello John B

How are you finding the Lazer lights you fitted ? I first saw these in Norway last October . I spoke in depth to Lazer about 6 months ago but have been away sailing . Am now thinking about fitting them . I have Xenon lights . Are yours Led ? Presumably they only work on main beam . Did you fit them yourself ? Sorry about all the questions . Many thanks . Trebor

Lazerlamps fitted. Triple R's. Very pleased with the lighting now.View attachment 43963

I’ve just ordered the Triple - R -750 with the grill integration kit; bought from Carnoisseur (great service) and to be fitted by Lazer Lamps in 4-5 weeks. My understanding is that they operate on main beam only.

Funny this thread should pop up as I've recently been looking at the lazerlamps Triple r SmartView setup. Also looked at the other setups but not sure which way to go yet.
Started looking after a recent trip where there was a lot of rural driving. No street lights and on some rough roads, an extra set of lights would have been nice.
Keep us updated on fittings and thoughts once fitted.

Hello John B

How are you finding the Lazer lights you fitted ? I first saw these in Norway last October . I spoke in depth to Lazer about 6 months ago but have been away sailing . Am now thinking about fitting them . I have Xenon lights . Are yours Led ? Presumably they only work on main beam . Did you fit them yourself ? Sorry about all the questions . Many thanks . Trebor
Hello Trebor
My van has LED lights fitted. The lazer lamps give an increaser in range and spread. Very useful when driving on country lanes. They were fitted by Vanworx on Portland. Not too far from Bournemouth. The company used the Lazer kit and the Canbus system to avoid any warranty issues. The lamps are only on with the main beam.
John

How easy was it to make the bracket?
Looks good.

Back