Availability of additional seats for T6 (Beach) in Benelux

L

LBB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Good evening,

My first post here :)
Was doubting where to put it ... and not yet clear what the policy is for new threads. But, let's try.

We have a VW Beach on order (delivery June 2017 ... ouch). We opted for the 3-seat bench. Having the option for a 6th and 7th seat was one of the decisive factors. Nevertheless we did not ordered them brand new right away as we will use them only from time to time... so 2nd hand would be good enough. I'm exploring the possibilities but I wondered if members from my region (Flanders, Belgium) or even a bit further, say Benelux, would be aware of companies, garages, ... that would have offers regularly ?

For now, I've found http://www.boomkamp-trading.nl ... but I guess there's more.

I also wondered if all T5 seats (I guess what is typically available on the 2nd hand market) are always fitting in a T6 ... and if there are any other elements I need to take into account ?

regards,
Lieven

Reactions: LBB
Good evening,

My first post here :)
Was doubting where to put it ... and not yet clear what the policy is for new threads. But, let's try.

We have a VW Beach on order (delivery June 2017 ... ouch). We opted for the 3-seat bench. Having the option for a 6th and 7th seat was one of the decisive factors. Nevertheless we did not ordered them brand new right away as we will use them only from time to time... so 2nd hand would be good enough. I'm exploring the possibilities but I wondered if members from my region (Flanders, Belgium) or even a bit further, say Benelux, would be aware of companies, garages, ... that would have offers regularly ?

For now, I've found http://www.boomkamp-trading.nl ... but I guess there's more.

I also wondered if all T5 seats (I guess what is typically available on the 2nd hand market) are always fitting in a T6 ... and if there are any other elements I need to take into account ?

regards,
Lieven
From the information to hand the rear passenger compartment single swivelling seats have the same VW part number from 2013 to 2016

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...883/subcategory/883030/part_id/3685802/lang/e

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...883/subcategory/883030/part_id/3685802/lang/e

Thanks to mention Amersfoort.
And good to know that T5 seats seem to be equal to T6 seats.

I went for a 7 seater beach because in Belgium it's nearly impossible to increase the number of seats in a car (administratively). So I hope for you that on the inscription paper it will say '7 seats', and not '5'. If it says '5', you can start a very complex homologation process that takes months and requires all sorts of papers from VW admission (for whom a single case will not be a priority) and a car manufacturer who should create a complete document with tons of pictures of how this conversion - however easy it is - was done in a certain format. And most of all you need tons of patience.

I'm just going through Belgian homologation madness for the second time; after the conversion to "camper" instead of car (which took 9 months and about 50 phone calls inquiring about the status and costed like 2K euro for paperwork) I now have the installation of VB air suspension (about 3-6 months estimated and 600 euro administration costs). This is Belgium.
We have European rules, but Belgian has extra rules. It's easier to export to another country, convert there, then import again. Not joking.

If you can still add the 6th and 7th seat to your order .. I would recommend it.

• Informative
I went for a 7 seater beach because in Belgium it's nearly impossible to increase the number of seats in a car (administratively). So I hope for you that on the inscription paper it will say '7 seats', and not '5'. If it says '5', you can start a very complex homologation process that takes months and requires all sorts of papers from VW admission (for whom a single case will not be a priority) and a car manufacturer who should create a complete document with tons of pictures of how this conversion - however easy it is - was done in a certain format. And most of all you need tons of patience.

I'm just going through Belgian homologation madness for the second time; after the conversion to "camper" instead of car (which took 9 months and about 50 phone calls inquiring about the status and costed like 2K euro for paperwork) I now have the installation of VB air suspension (about 3-6 months estimated and 600 euro administration costs). This is Belgium.
We have European rules, but Belgian has extra rules. It's easier to export to another country, convert there, then import again. Not joking.

If you can still add the 6th and 7th seat to your order .. I would recommend it.

My goodness ! I could have thought that ... But still strange that a car made to seat 7 persons would not be homologated as such ... especially seen the characteristic of such a car being able to be very flexible on seating.
I'll have to get in touch with the sales person of the dealer. I'll for sure share my experience :)

Did you see this topic... I pray for you you'll be amongst the lucky ones in terms of amount of seats on the COC

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...e-dealership-says-you-cant-do-it.17265/page-2

Hi Zeratul and others,

I finally got an answer from the dealer which goes like this: "since you ordered a beach, it is actually registered as a "persons vehicule" and not a camper, for this reason, the papers will indicated by default it is a 7 persons car". Don't know if I really can believe him.

After more reflection and some more price comparisons, we decided - now we still can - to add the extra two seats as an additional option to our order. It costs € 1072 (vat inclusive), so € 536/seat. When looking at the second hand market, for a seat in good condition, you always pay € 400 or more ... so we don't think that the extra cost would be the blocking factor.

Thanks again for your input,
Regards,
Lieven

Back