Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Avtex tvs any good !

inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi
can anyone recommend buying an avtex tv ,as would like feedback as they are expensive
many thanks
dave and lisa :cool:

We had a couple of these in previous motorhomes, always worked very well and had a good picture, obviously the main selling point for Avtex is they all run on 12v with not too much drain on the battery. Also if you dont get on with it they sell very well second hand.

We've got the W164TR 16" model, same as the W164DR but doesn't have the built in DVD. Great picture quality with wide viewing angle.

We use an Avtex aerial (SDH1000) which is amplified and powered directly from the TV, rarely have an issue getting a good picture. Sound quality is good, you can also transmit sound over the vehicles radio (built in FM transmitter) if desired. It has a built in PVR (you'll need a USB stick) and plays movies from USB too, but its a little picky with formats.

Small(ish) and light, sits on the kitchen unit or table without too much trouble.

Been very pleased with ours had a couple of problems within the 3 year warranty but easily fixed via their excellent customer service. I've broken 3 of the aerial mounts now as they're of a pretty poor design, but a quick phone call and they send a new one out in the post same day!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk