Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TV AND AERIAL

N

nottsknight

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi - wondered if anybody can recommend a TV and aerial for those dark rainy evenings. The 18.5in Avtex looks OK and I'm not bothered about DVD. I also want an aerial that works !! Anybody have any ideas recommendations (apart from read a book instead). I don't have Sky so cannot pick that up. Many thanks.

I use an Axtex STH 1000 which in turn hooks into an Eyetv connector and then into a lap top. It has a 12v plug that boosts the signal very little draw on the leisure batteries. To make sure it is facing the right direction I use the Antenna Aligner app in my iPhone.

A mate of mine who has a motor home picked up a Bush TV with dvd for about £90 last month in Asda, and he is more than happy with it.

Avtex TV is perfect for 12v and normal plug in. Don't bother with their stick on aerial - unless your staying at Crystal Palace caravan club site!

Use a prong style aerial on a pole (which can be held in place with the arm of the cycle rack if you have one), un-amplified, and you will get good reception 95% of the time.

Sounds good - I'm not a techy, so will his work with Windows 10 and presumably I will need to download a programme into the laptop to make the device work. I stay in Castleton Derbyshire which is in the Hope Valley - reception there is poor - can you recommend an aerial and how does this plug into the device or laptop. Thanks

Avtex TV is perfect for 12v and normal plug in. Don't bother with their stick on aerial - unless your staying at Crystal Palace caravan club site!

Use a prong style aerial on a pole (which can be held in place with the arm of the cycle rack if you have one), un-amplified, and you will get good reception 95% of the time.

Hi thanks - I like the idea about the aerial attached to the rack. I also have another post response which talks about a USB drive for the laptop - that also sounds interesting.

Sounds good - I'm not a techy, so will his work with Windows 10 and presumably I will need to download a programme into the laptop to make the device work. I stay in Castleton Derbyshire which is in the Hope Valley - reception there is poor - can you recommend an aerial and how does this plug into the device or laptop. Thanks
Yep it works with windows 10, it comes with drivers and viewing software. I use this aerial; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0044XE9IS/?tag=eliteelect-21.
I mount the aerial on top of the roof before elevating.

Back