Awning Advice

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This seems like a silly question but I finally got round to winding out the side awning after the best part of a years ownership and I need some advise. What I need to know when you put down the awning legs and extend them are they meant to lock (not and the top but where the 2 parts open up/slide out) Can't see how the legs take the weight of the extended awning if they don't lock. Have taken into account the sliding door and the drivers door need to be shut to prevent damage. Thanks for your comments
:help

Yes... indeed they do.

The plastic lever get push/pulled fully in the opposite direction to when it is stored. Will feel quite a push first couple of times.

Sorry,

Just read that... clear as mud.

m1kaiurAiXfL5jILnePXT-Q.jpg

quick_lock_tech_sized_300x300.jpg

You can see the plastic lever in this picture... needs to be locked in the "up" position

Rgds

M

Attachments

• m1kaiurAiXfL5jILnePXT-Q.jpg
    m1kaiurAiXfL5jILnePXT-Q.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 10
  • quick_lock_tech_sized_300x300.jpg
    quick_lock_tech_sized_300x300.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for that :thanks

Just tested had had the conviction to pull up and they locked but felt like they would snap off until they locked in.

Sorry,

Just read that... clear as mud.

View attachment 5960

View attachment 5961

You can see the plastic lever in this picture... needs to be locked in the "up" position

Rgds

M
This is what's great about this forum. I had this same problem today when using the awning for the first time. I thought I was going to break the lever and then searched and found this from several years ago. Thanks @SimplyDubs