Awning Brackets

......and the leg brackets.

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

Hi,
I would like a pair of mounting brackets for a 2005 LHD Cali.
Mine both sheared off in a gust this weekend.
Apparently they cannot be bought separately.
Any ideas or help please.
Simon

IMG_8776.JPG

IMG_8778.JPG

Try the club shop they should be able to source them for you not cheap though about £130 including all bolts etc

wow! that seems a lot! for 2 aluminium plates! i have the bolts and other fixings.

The brackets are about £100 on their own

No that includes all the bolts nuts washers and sealing strip

It's almost as if Fiamma/Thule are engaged in some sort of cynical profit making scheme!

Thule themselves don't supply the brackets for the cali

Fiamma sell brackets only, just the two aluminium pieces - last pair I bought were about £65 + £7 postage.

PS: well played @sidepod - top work fella.

Will fiamma brackets fit that awning?. That awning still has the same part no as the one in the picture. I believe you will need the vw brackets.

Sorry Kev, context not clear there - I meant "in general" Fiamma sell brackets in pairs in response to sidepod #33, I didn't mean for this specific requirement.

That looks neat. Nice small manageable gap to seal.

That looks neat. Nice small manageable gap to seal.
It looks like the only option when a Brandrup rail is fitted. The gap is large enough, but I've seen some awnings with a rubber rain guard on the rear to prevent water from entering between the roof and awning. I'll research further.

It looks like the only option when a Brandrup rail is fitted. The gap is large enough, but I've seen some awnings with a rubber rain guard on the rear to prevent water from entering between the roof and awning. I'll research further.
Ours is mounted on a rail. Never bothered fitting a rain guard. From memory I can only remember one occasion where the rain was coming through the gap. By that point I figured it was probably time to hide away inside the camper and crack open the gin. The rail itself works as a very effective gutter so captures a lot of the water and sends it off at either end.

You beat me to it there Mr C.

Ours is mounted on a rail. Never bothered fitting a rain guard. From memory I can only remember one occasion where the rain was coming through the gap. By that point I figured it was probably time to hide away inside the camper and crack open the gin. The rail itself works as a very effective gutter so captures a lot of the water and sends it off at either end.
I know this is and old conversation, but I'm going to purchase an awning soon. I'm wondering if your awning is any or much higher than the top of the roof?
I have a Brandrup rail fitted so I have to use the same brackets as yours. I'm just keen to know if it will raise the overall height of the vehicle?
Regards Padraic.

I know this is and old conversation, but I'm going to purchase an awning soon. I'm wondering if your awning is any or much higher than the top of the roof?
I have a Brandrup rail fitted so I have to use the same brackets as yours. I'm just keen to know if it will raise the overall height of the vehicle?
Regards Padraic.

Just been to measure the height of our Westy. Floor to top of awning cassette is around 195cm. We’ve got a 40mm lowering kit on the suspension. The difference in height between the roof and the top of the awning cassette is about 5cm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been to measure the height of our Westy. Floor to top of awning cassette is around 195cm. We’ve got a 40mm lowering kit on the suspension. The difference in height between the roof and the top of the awning cassette is about 5cm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for that. Is the awning the highest part?

I think it’s the F45 S 2.6m? I’ll measure in the morning.

Back