Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Brackets

Hi all, I've got my Fiamma F45S ready to fit and the correct brackets to fit it on my Brandrup rail.
However, the fitting instructions state that the awning must have the brackets lined up with the support sections on the awning.
But, this is not possible with the brackets and every photo I've seen of a Fiamma F45S fitted to a Brandrup rail, looks like the brackets cannot be placed in the correct support area of the awning.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Hi all, I've got my Fiamma F45S ready to fit and the correct brackets to fit it on my Brandrup rail.
However, the fitting instructions state that the awning must have the brackets lined up with the support sections on the awning.
But, this is not possible with the brackets and every photo I've seen of a Fiamma F45S fitted to a Brandrup rail, looks like the brackets cannot be placed in the correct support area of the awning.
Any thoughts or ideas?

One of them has to line up with the ‘B’ post. You have no options on that. The other, above the rear most side window can be positioned much nearer the support sections if you wanted. I positioned ours so the rear mount was the same distance from the back end of the awning as the front bracket was from the leading end. It’s been on there for 5 years now and still works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of them has to line up with the ‘B’ post. You have no options on that. The other, above the rear most side window can be positioned much nearer the support sections if you wanted. I positioned ours so the rear mount was the same distance from the back end of the awning as the front bracket was from the leading end. It’s been on there for 5 years now and still works.

Hi, cheers for the info. Yes I didn't see any other option. How far forward do I place the awning? I plan to use the leg mounts on the side of the camper, so I'm wondering if this needs any consideration when positioning the awning? Sorry about the second post, Ill delete it.

Hi, cheers for the info. Yes I didn't see any other option. How far forward do I place the awning? I plan to use the leg mounts on the side of the camper, so I'm wondering if this needs any consideration when positioning the awning? Sorry about the second post, Ill delete it.

Hey. Not really bothered about the double post. Just reckon it’s easier not. Lunching around between two,threads to glue any answers together.

On ours the rear of the awning lines up with the rear of the camper. It shouldn’t give you any issues with the leg mounts as the legs are quite adjustable in length and direction they point. @sidepod has the leg mounts on his, you might find a piccy somewhere so you can check out where his is sat. Same as mine I suspect.

Hey. Not really bothered about the double post. Just reckon it’s easier not. Lunching around between two,threads to glue any answers together.

On ours the rear of the awning lines up with the rear of the camper. It shouldn’t give you any issues with the leg mounts as the legs are quite adjustable in length and direction they point. @sidepod has the leg mounts on his, you might find a piccy somewhere so you can check out where his is sat. Same as mine I suspect.

Bloody ‘auto correct’. I should of checked that last post before hitting the button. I meant to say ‘not bouncing around between threads’. Grrr.

Okay, I'll have another go at it in the morning, Can I also ask, is there one or two bolts in each bracket holding the awning in place?

Okay, I'll have another go at it in the morning, Can I also ask, is there one or two bolts in each bracket holding the awning in place?

Ours has two in each. From memory I think you have to drill them once the awning is positioned where you want it and the brackets fixed to the rail where you want them.

Ours has two in each. From memory I think you have to drill them once the awning is positioned where you want it and the brackets fixed to the rail where you want them.

Yea it looks like it needs two in each bracket. Yea the position needs to be decided first.

Yea it looks like it needs two in each bracket. Yea the position needs to be decided first.

All good fun and very satisfying when you get to roll it out for the first time and tuck into a good G&T under it.

Speaking of which, got a nice Rhubarb gin on the go. Chillin after a day on the Abahn, Harry flatters from Koln to St Wolfgang in Austria. Onwards to Croatia on Sunday.

Cheers.

Speaking of which, got a nice Rhubarb gin on the go. Chillin after a day on the Abahn, Harry flatters from Koln to St Wolfgang in Austria. Onwards to Croatia on Sunday.

Cheers.
Did you come home at all after the last trip?? How long is this trip for? You should start a new tread with some photos, to inspire the few of us who are still getting our calis ready for the hols!!!

Back